Default cut out gone bad?

I did a cut out yesterday at my local football stadium and fournd the bees in a crack in the rock wall acessing the bleachers. I got all the coumb out and rubberbanded it to deep frames. I got 4 deep frams of mostly brood larva and eggs that i placed in a nuc box. I did not get any bees at all so i attempted to use bee vac with no luck due to the bees being able to go futher into the wall out of reach. I left the nuc near the crack for a couple hours until it was almost dark took it down and still only like 20 bees inside. Im not sure if i did right but i took the brood in nuc to my house and added a full rack of brood, eggs and larva along with a shake of bees. Do you think there is a chance they will make it?

Default Re: cut out gone bad?

Yes, but you could have done without all the cut out part.
    Stand for what you believe, even if you stand alone.

So I should have just thrown out the cutout coumb?

no you did ok. sometimes we have to improvise. I usually vacuum all the bees from the comb first in a situation such as that. There had to be loads of nurse bees on the comb when you opened it. if you seal the entrance, and install a cone. you will be able to get the foragers the next evening...

ya i thought about that when i got finished getting it out rookie move haha. I just wonder if the rack of bees and the ones i shook in will make it start up

ya i thought about that when i got finished getting it out rookie move haha. I just wonder if the rack of bees and the ones i shook in will make it start up

Did the Stadium owners expect that you would remove the bees? If so, now what are you going to do when they rebuild in the current cavity?

I was thinking about going back this evening and attempting to vac more bees. Would it be ok to just shake the bees that were vaced into the nuc with the frame of brood and bees i added to the cut out? I supose if i can not get anymore then they will have to spray the bees that are left in the wall. I want to get as many as i can to prevent that. Thanks for your help.