Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: Number of hives in signiture line

I'm the same gender I was when I first knew what the word gender means. So what's the Factor? 1 to 1?
    Mark Berninghausen To combat Ebola, please consider supporting http://www.doctorswithoutborders.org

Quote Originally Posted by sqkcrk View Post
    So, my Beekeepers Index would go like this: 400 hives X 36 years - 4 / 3= 4798.666666666
    Wouldn't that be 14398.666666666666

Quote Originally Posted by bevy's honeybees View Post
    And what about a gender factor?
    In beekeeping, the girls really outnumber the boys. Maybe that has something to do with the girls kicking the boys out in the fall.
    If you think anything organic is good for you, go drink some organic solvents.
    geek, learning how to be a beek

Quote Originally Posted by seyc View Post

In beekeeping, the girls really outnumber the boys. Maybe that has something to do with the girls kicking the boys out in the fall.
    Nevr did due very well in Math and my english isn't very gud ether.
    Mark Berninghausen To combat Ebola, please consider supporting http://www.doctorswithoutborders.org

I see... some math teacher... somewhere successfully taught you the Order of Precedence..... PEMDAS..... Please Excuse My Dear Aunt Sally.
    “Don’t tell me how educated you are, tell me how much you have travelled.” - The Quran

I'm the same gender I was when I first knew what the word gender means. So what's the Factor? 1 to 1?
    What I mean is that generally women know where things are--who's the one always asking "honey where's my____", and typically take better care of their stuff.

If we are including lost and wrecked equipment, women have an edge. That's all I meant. And I speak in jest anyway, I'm not serious here. I"m not that competitive.
    Pleasant words are a honeycomb, sweet to the soul and healing to the bones. Prvb 16:24
    March 2010; +/- 30 hives, TF

Seriously? You weren't being serious? Other than the OP and a small hamndful early on, who was being serious.

I don't know bevy, the Logo on the back of my Honey Delivery Vehicle (my HDV) and my catch phrase when delivering honey to stores is "Your Honey's Here!!". So, I don't think Women know where everything is. The "girls" in my hivez know where everthing is. And they do all the hard work too. I admire them to no end.

"Women hold up half the sky" HA!! More like 2/3s or 4/5s.

Oh, by the way, it's my day to cook. Going to town to pick up Pizza. Seriously.

So, my Beekeepers Index would go like this: 400 hives X 36 years - 4 / 3= 4798.666666666

No seyc. I got the correct answer, I just didn't write the equation correctly.
    400 hives X 36 years= 14400 minus 4 hive tools = 14396 divided by 3 run over smokers = 4798.666666666666666666

The correct "order of operations" is Multiply, Divide, Add, Subtract.

400 x 36 - 4/3
    14400 - 4/3
    14400 - 1.3333333 = 14398.66666667
    If you think anything organic is good for you, go drink some organic solvents.
    geek, learning how to be a beek

I am against it, and I don't know too much of why I wouldn't like it, but I wouldn't. I have 5 hives.

Nathan
    Good enough is perfect - Joel Salatin

400 x 36 - 4/3
    14400 - 4/3
    So Mark actually meant

(400 X 36 - 4) / 3

(Hives X Years - Hive tools) / ROS
    “Don’t tell me how educated you are, tell me how much you have travelled.” - The Quran

400 x 36 - 4/3
    14400 - 4/3
    As the inventor of the Beekeeper Index I ask that you not change the order of the calculations as set forth by me. This index was developed and is now internationally relied upon to judge the worth and credibility of post in hobby and commercial beekeeper forums worldwide.
    It would be appreciated if when using the phrase "Beekeeping Index" a donation be sent to me.
    Furthermore by using the phrase "Beekeeping Index" you are recognizing my authority to set standards and bestow titles for the entire Beekeeping community.

Quote Originally Posted by Mbeck View Post
    How about a Beekeepers index.
    Number of hives x years keeping bees - the number of hive tools you lost divided by the number of smokers you've run over = Beekeeper index!
    My score: 95 hives X 42 years X 20 tools lost X 3 smokers ruined = 239400. Do dropped and rusted out smokers count? I might be off a few on the hive tools. Is this a good score? How do I rate? Does it affect my credit score?

So is there any prorating for hive increase? Such as, last spring I started with two packages. Lost one of them.
    Split my remaining hive in July. This "season", I started with two hives. Bought two more packages, and am currently
    at nine hives. Haven't run over my smokers. I still have all my hive tools. Do breadknives count as hive tools?
    Do I use one, two or nine as the hive count modifier?

I know some of you will say that because I keep TBHs, that I have no credibilty.

Oh, I did the math wrong...
    95X42X20/3 =22600. Is that good?

What is the mailing address for the Index donation??

Is my index number 2? 2 hives x 1 year -0 HTL / 0 ROS = 2
    Whew! I thought I was gonna have a negitive number. I'm gonna
    keep a close eye on my smokers.

Excellent score !
    For those of you wishing to increase your score We at Beekeepers Index tracking and certification Corp, BITCC for short are developing a program by which you can demonstrate an advanced understanding of Beekeeping. For each unit of a sponsored product you use you are given a multiplier to increase your score as well as your perceived worth as a contributer to a wide range of beekeeping communities.
    All sponsors interested in having their products tested for consideration please make arrangements to products sent to us as well as a continued finacial support so that these items might be involved in ongoing testing in order to protect the greater beekeeping community that relies on us for our objective ratings.
    Individual scores in most cases can be certified for little more than a penny per point annually!
    Thank You for your support.

OdFrank,
    I prefer that you save your contribution to put toward a west coast franchise . Imagine if we could get the almond growers in on demanding to see a Beekeepers certified "Beekeepers Index"

Quote Originally Posted by Steven Ogborn View Post
    Is my index number 2? 2 hives x 1 year -0 HTL / 0 ROS = 2
    Whew! I thought I was gonna have a negitive number. I'm gonna
    keep a close eye on my smokers.
    Actually your index would be "Undefined" or some would say the "Null Set".... division by zero produces this result. Looks like you are going to have to go out and run over at least 1 Smoker in order to get an index.

Boo! You mean I don't qualify for an index number? I'm not gonna run over a $40 smoker.
    Who would do that other than Pluta.

We all must make sacrifices.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast