Default Bees in swimming pool

I have a problem with bees in our swimming pool. Ive tried putting a closer water source which they use but not all of them. Ive even tried spraying bee-go around the pool with some results but they still came back. I think its the salt in the pool. Do bees use chlorine pools less. If i cant find something else that works i'll have to move them all this winter. Any advice is appreciated.

Default Re: Bees in swimming pool

I have a chlorine pool and the bees love it. I can't tell you if they love it more or less than a salt pool.
    I don't have the luxury of moving my hives, I probably wouldn't move them anyway.
    They have a small pond and a birdbath beside the hives, but the pool is still their preference.
    I have decided to live with them and have placed a small guest towel over the edge of the pool, to act as a wick, where it isn't too busy.
    The bees don't bother the swimmers, they stay on their towel. They used to fly around the whole pool and while they weren't hurting anyone they could be annoying. Now that they have their own corner they are not a problem at all. I will attempt to get them oriented to a different water source in the spring, but if it doesn't work at least I know I can live with my situation.
    Other years has not been a problem, but I think the heat this year drove them to a bigger, better water source.
    Good luck
    DsBs.Etsy.com

I second the towel trick. It worked for a friend of mine. I've read that it's easier for them to "tell" the other bees to follow the chlorine smell to the water opposed to a source with no odor.

Put some sand on the towel and stick a few the small umbrellas (that go in drinks) in the sand and you can charge rent.

The Fatbeeman recommends putting salt licks out to help alleviate them searching for salt.