Thread: Costco Honey

Hybrid View

Default Costco Honey

Apparently the big box stores are getting the message, hope others take costcos lead and source their honey...
    http://www.costcoconnection.com/connection/201209#pg69

Default Re: Costco Honey

No wonder they're successful.

This is gonna take some of the snobby out of my harvest.

I have a cousin that is an executive for a large corporation that sells product to Costco. He says they are the absolute best customer they have to do business with. They are very picky about product quality and want a high quality product that meets their specs. They usually want to sell just one unique product designed specifically for them and you can lose your account with them by not responding quickly and appropriately to any consumer complaints. Then, he said, there is Wal Mart and you don't even want to know what they are like to try to do business with.
    "People will generally accept facts as truth only if the facts agree with what they already believe."- Andy Rooney

Hats off Costco! Nice job!!!

I think it is terrible how much honey we import from out side this country.
    Jeff - like me on facebook
    See my bees @ www.ozarkshoney.com

...retail at less than $3/lb. That is good for American honey producers how?

Deknow

DeKnow. Thousands upon thousands of customers buying real honey and becoming familiar with what it is and how it tastes, at least to some degree. Those thousands sharing it with countless thousands of others. Creating a demand that Costco alone cannot fill. With increased demand comes increased prices. Either that or keep more hives produce more honey and cut your costs in doing so. As prices rise it becomes profitable for more people to keep bees. this increases supply lower prices. The best bet is for the honey producer to be using their advantage to produce it cheaply. they can then undercut those that would step in at higher prices. IT is how the self regulating system of free enterprise works. IF $3 honey is not good enough. sell bees. let the next guy produce honey.
    Stand for what you believe, even if you stand alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Ozarks Honey Company View Post
    Hats off Costco! Nice job!!!

I think it is terrible how much honey we import from out side this country.
    Demand outpaces domestic supply by 100% (I think, probably wrongly), so what do you expect? What should grocers do? "Sorry, I can't sell you what you want."? Soon out of business. An ever growing portion of our food is imported. It the way things are.
    Mark Berninghausen "That which works, persists."