Hybrid View

Default PermaComb joint order/ last chance..... from an email I received.

The following is from an email I received.

I don't use PermaComb, and I don't have any knowledge of the product or of the person selling it.

Gang,

So far we have orders totaling 480. Need orders for 520 more to make this run happen. Any one else interested in ordering? Please let me know asap.

Thanx.

John

_____________________________________________ From: Seets, John (ES) Sent: Wednesday, August 08, 2012 9:07 PM Subject: PermaComb Joint Order for this Summer (2012)

Gang,

Time to put together an order for this summer. I need to get this rolling asap. Please see ordering instructions following. Any extraneous questions – let me know. If anyone wants to see the spec/claims price sheet, let me know and I can send it. I want to close ordering no later than the third week of this month. Remember that it takes the manufacturer 3-4 weeks to get the comb produced and shipped. So get your order in asap.

Thanx.

John

~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hello;

You are receiving this email because you previously indicated an interest in purchasing PermaComb or have purchased it in the past. We completed a successful order last winter. Recently, I have been getting emails and calls from those who want to reorder or order new. I hope we now have enough people interested to ensure that a 1000+ comb order will occur which is the manufacturer’s minimum requirement to run the comb. It’s time to put it together. Remember that PermaComb is fully drawn plastic comb designed to fit medium (6 5/8”) supers. The comb is food grade plastic, white and not “waxed”. Please read the following carefully. If you want the PermaComb specs and details info sheet again, let me know.

Here is the criteria for ordering:

1. Price is 3.80 per comb for less than 1000 combs. (Note: . Any one person ordering 1000 or more combs, price is 3.65/ea. Payment is by check (cashier’s, business, bank or personal) made out to me, John Seets. Do NOT make it out to “PermaComb”. This means NO credit cards, NO PayPal, and no bank fund transfers. 2. Minimum purchase quantity is 20 combs. There are 4 frame spacers included in each box of 20 combs 3. For quantities over 20, the order must be in multiples of 20. (i.e. 40, 60, 80 100, 120, etc) 4. Orders will be shipped by FedEx from the manufacturer in California. (~ 4 weeks max after the order is submitted to them). I must receive payment from everyone totaling 1000+ before the order is submitted to the manufacturer. You have until the end of the 2 nd to 3rd week in August for me to receive your check and ordering info. This is this order’s cut-off date. 5. If you want to determine your shipping cost yourself, go to FedEx.com website and do the following (if not, go to next step): - Click ship -> Get Rates and Transit Times. - Enter from zip 91710 to your zip. - Click “Ship to a residence”. Shipping to a business is cheaper. See item 7 below. Do NOT check this box if shipping to a business address. - Number of packages and Weight fields: One 20 comb box weighs 28lbs and measures 20 x 20 x 7”. For example, if you are ordering 40 combs, two 20 comb boxes would be taped together to make 1 package weighing 56lbs, measuring 20 x 20 x 14”. If you ordered 60 combs, there would be 2 packages: one 28lbs and the other 56lbs. This is the pattern. We tape 2 boxes together because it is cheaper than sending 2 twenty comb boxes separately. - Click “Use an already scheduled pickup”. - Click “Get a detailed quote”. - Package and Shipment Details: Fill in “Quantity” and “Weight” fields. Use “Your Packaging” for Package Type; Fill in Dimensions field; Enter the value of the comb for each package (20 comb box would be 75; 40 comb package would be 150). - Click “Continue” - Your rate will be shown on the “FedEx Home Delivery” line 6. If you do not want to determine the shipping cost for your order, I can do it for you. Let me know. 7. It is up to 20% cheaper to ship to a business address rather than to a residence. The rules for a valid shipping address in order to be recognized as a business by FedEx include the following: A. No home businesses B. Must be a business zoned in a business district C. Must have either a store front and/or free public egress in and out during regular business hours

If you order and can provide a valid business address meeting the above criteria, please do so when you contact me with your order.

8. The total cost of your order will be the cost of the comb plus shipping. 9. If you order more than 160 or 200, we will check trucking to see if it would be cheaper than FedEx 10. I realize a number of you reside in the UK, New Zealand, Australia and the Middle East. In each of your cases, Let me know as we now have a dealer “across the pond” and I can put you in touch with him.

Brief: To order, here is what you need to do:

1. Decide how many combs you want (multiples of 20) 2. Determine your shipping cost (or I can do it) 3. Email me telling me you are sending a check for so many combs in the amount of whatever. Include your shipping address in the email. FedEx requires a contact phone number to ship so please send that as well. On the subject line put your last name, the word “PermaComb” and the quantity of combs you want and then the word “order” (example: “Smith PermaComb 120 order”. I will verify your shipping cost at that time. I will verify comb + shipping total and email you back confirming. 4. Do NOT send check until I send you a confirmation email. Send Check to (make sure there is a return address and a copy of the email order ALONG WITH MY CONFIRMATION email in the envelope): John Seets 2203 Belleview Rd. Catonsville, MD. 21228 5. I will notify you when your check arrives. If for some reason we do NOT meet the 1000 comb minimum, everyone’s check will be returned to the return address on the envelope in which the check arrived. 6. I will keep you appraised as to the progress of the comb run, comb disbursement and associated dates as this information becomes available to me. The intent is to have all comb sent out by end of September –sooner if possible. It is my understanding from the manufacturer that they plan to box and ship orders as soon as the comb comes out of the mold.

Any questions – let me know. I hope I have covered all the essentials above.

Thanx.

John

BeeCurious
    Trying to think inside the box...

Default Re: PermaComb joint order/ last chance..... from an email I received.

Unmistakable scam.

Quote Originally Posted by RogerCrum View Post
    Unmistakable scam.
    John Seets organized this last year as well, it's not a scam.

http://www.google.com/search?client=...ac.-WNkD5dRgCs
    BeeCurious

BeeCurious,
    I thought you said that you dud not use the product, knew nothing about it and did not know, John Skeets, the seller. That made it sound like an unsolicited email offer or "spam". I hate the Android feature that assumes you are writing which word is being typed.

I meant that it was unmistakably "spam".

Quote Originally Posted by RogerCrum View Post
    BeeCurious,
    I thought you said that you dud not use the product, knew nothing about it and did not know, John Skeets, the seller. That made it sound like an unsolicited email offer or "spam". I hate the Android feature that assumes you are writing which word is being typed.

I meant that it was unmistakably "spam".
    I'm not familiar with the product or Mr. Seets, but I joined the email list to be informed of the orders in case I was interested in buying some PermaComb.
    BeeCurious

I know John well. It is not a scam. John has sold Permacomb for many years. It is fully drawn plastic comb. I've purchased it. Sometimes the bees loved it, mostly not. I've discontinued using it this year. Some swear by it others swear at it.........
    http://OxaVap.com Your source for the Varrox Mite Killing
    OA Vaporizer "One of the highest ranked" by R. Oliver

Default Re: PermaComb jo

I received the following email from John Seets, the joint order is 260 frames short.
    Gang;

I currently have orders for a total of 740 combs in hand. We still need orders for 260 to meet the manufacturer’s minimum to run the comb.

Any more takers out there would be appreciated.

If interested, please contact me as soon as possible!

Thanx for your help.

John
    BeeCurious