Default Its late Aug. All of the the hive bodies are full...should I add another Medium?

Hey ya'll,

My one hive is made up of a large and 2 mediums. I just checked the other day and the bees have filled out all of the frames.
    I'm a noob at this so I am not sure what to do. ...Is it too late in the season to add another medium? Should I add another?

Thanks!

Default Re: Its late Aug. All of the the hive bodies are full...should I add another Medium?

Add another medium and enjoy the fall flow honey they will make. If your deep and two mediums are full, kudos to you.

Dan

Default Re: Its late Aug. All of the the hive bodies are full...should I add another Medium?

If there is white comb packed in on the top bars, the lower boxes are indeed full (usually) and you could add another box. I have the best flow of a pathetic year going on right now myself. I added boxes where required yesterday and pulled supers when there was still room below.

Quote Originally Posted by nutlub View Post
    Hey ya'll,

My one hive is made up of a large and 2 mediums. I just checked the other day and the bees have filled out all of the frames.
    I'm a noob at this so I am not sure what to do. ...Is it too late in the season to add another medium? Should I add another?

Thanks!
    Is any beekeepers in Ossining NY

I hope you added a super so you could take some honey

Nutlub, I live in Ossining but do not have a hive here. I would like to meet other beekeepers in Ossining any advice? Would love to find out more about area beekeepers. I have lived here 3 years off of Spring Street. I hope you reply to this message I would love to meet other around here that loves bees like I do!!