Due to a cold and rainy summer here this year, many of our hives are just building up an extra surplus of honey now. They have enough for themselves but any they make from here on in could be removed. Last night we put in formic acid pads for mite prevention in winter brood, but we are wondering if we could use any of they honey we take in a few weeks, or if the formic acid makes it un-consumable for people. Maybe we should take some of what's there now and let them restock themselves?
Thank you for the advice,