Default Dehumidifier - "Hampton Bay", and data points as the honey dried

I have a dehumidifier in a room thats about 8x8, we normally just keep the freezer in there. On the 16th I pulled 12 supers and put them in two stacks in the room. In between the supers I put some 3/4 scraps of wood to allow air to circulate. We are towards the end of our season, and only about half of the frames were capped. I picked the deepest open frame as a reference point and tested honey from the same frame every day. I stacked the frames that were the most capped on the bottom of the stack and the least capped on the top. I did not close the door, I propped it about 6 inches open because a couple of years ago I closed it and had a melt down; Luckily I have a tolerant wife.

Here is the data. After the date the first number is % moisture according to my Atago refractometer, and the second number is the temperature in degrees C.
    8/16 21.9@26.5
    8/17 20.6@25.2
    8/18 20.2@27.2
    8/19 18.9@29.4
    8/20 18.3@28.7
    8/21 no data
    8/22 17.2@28
    on the 22nd I also opened up some capped cells on a different frame these were 15.9@28.3

That was good enough for me, on the 23rd I extracted. I took 4 sample tubes of honey as I extracted these then sat inside, and when I tested them they were as follows:
    17.3, 16.4, 16.4, 16.3.

Every day I had to empty the dehumidifier, or it would cut out when full.

I thought these data points might be useful to others to gauge how long to run a dehumidifier.

Default Re: Dehumidifier - "Hampton Bay", and data points as the honey dried

Just consider that if the freezer in that room is a "frost-free" (self defrosting) model, then the moisture from the defrost cycle is evaporated into the air of the room by the freezer. The humidifier would then be collecting moisture from both the honey and the freezer.
    Graham
    USDA Zone 7A Elevation 1400 ft

Default Re: Dehumidifier - "Hampton Bay", and data points as the honey dried

Radar, true. The set-up is not energy efficient either. However, I run the freezer in there 12 months of the year, and the dehumidifier for a few weeks max. The process may work faster without the freezer in there, but this is what I have to work with.