Default Open Season in Consumer Reports.

Barry,

I understand your frustration about how some threads go "bad". Still, have you considered the unintended consequences of forbidding any discussion of / comment about other member's posts in Consumer Reports?

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    In light of where these threads devolve to, I am enacting new posting rules in CR. Members are free to share their experiences with vendors. Members may not comment on other member's posts. This is now a "no discussion" forum.
    Given that rebuttal / comment / discussion is now forbidden, I predict that your policy will enable some amazing slander, smears and outright lies about targeted vendors. I hope I am wrong, yet....... You might have effectively hack-sawed the brakes off of that train.

Well, it was your decision to make. The consequences will be yours. (thankfully)

Good Luck,

Default Re: Open Season in Consumer Reports.

Not only can you not mention other's posts, you can't comment on moderation. You can't comment on how you can't comment on something.

That, and I've been banned from the Consumer Reports section entirely for some reason. It doesn't show up on the main forum page, it doesn't show up in any search strings (including my post history), and it doesn't appear under any of the new post feeds.

The braked might still be on the train, but if you don't like where it's going you'll find yourself in a labor camp in siberia.

It's barry's site, there are plenty of other sites to use, this is America go use them, Dr Russell opted to leave that was his choice, I must admit I don't like soap operas, I only go read some of these threads when I need a good laugh, I'll miss the laugh. If it was my site I would have closed all the threads long ago and I'm pretty melow, at least I think so.
    mike syracuse ny
    I went to bed mean, and woke up meaner. Marshal Dillon

Quote Originally Posted by Specialkayme View Post
    Not only can you not mention other's posts, you can't comment on moderation. You can't comment on how you can't comment on something.

That, and I've been banned from the Consumer Reports section entirely for some reason.
    You know the reason. The first remark explains it well. Since you make it look like you've been treated unfairly, I'll remind you what I sent you.

"Discussing Moderation

http://www.beesource.com/forums/show...94-Forum-Rules

Discussing moderation. Concerns, constructive criticism and questions of clarification regarding the User Agreement or moderator and administrator actions are best addressed directly to the moderator or administrator by private message or personal e-mail. Do not post on the board to debate, criticize, argue or challenge the Beesource Beekeeping Forums User Agreement, the moderators, administrators, or their actions. You agree to abide by the wishes of the board moderators in interpreting and enforcing these rules. Refusal to cooperate with board moderators or to abide by these rules is grounds for revocation of your posting privileges.

You've done this one too many times."

And here you are again, discussing moderation.
    Regards, Barry

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post

And here you are again, discussing moderation.
    How is that discussing moderation? I'm simply stating that I'm not allowed to discuss moderation. I'm not disputing that. I don't agree with it, but it's your site to do what you wish. I'm simply restating the rules (paraphrased). Am I also not allowed to discuss that I'm not allowed to discuss moderation? I didn't see that in the quote you posted, or anywhere in the rules. Is the word moderation not allowed to be used at all?

Kay your saddled to a dead horse . Any word on refunds ? Care to toss in a little the bees are worth the wait thing ? Your all in tune with bob ,,, wheres our money ? We sure arent getting bees this season.