Default Ayone ever try a bee IN-escape

Has anyone tried a bee IN-escape, which would allow the bees in the field to return freely to the hive, while preventing them from going back out again? Such a device could be added, and after some time (hours) the field force would all be back inside so the hive could be moved without waiting for nightfall. The reason I'd like this if it would work out as expected is that I have a huge area next to my office with wildflowers. I don't want to put a yard out here as it's quite a drive from home. My idea though is that I could bring closed hives out here, leave them for a week or so to gather the current flow, add the IN-escape during a lunch break, and take the hives back home at the end of my shift. I know I need to maintain ventelation since they'll be closed off, and likely will add a water source internally as well. Could it be so simple as using a modified robbing/moving screen with a "backward" bee escape added to the entrance hole when required? I know those don't fool them forever, but I'm only needing it to hold them several hours until I return after work to close the entrance for the move. If I could keep 90+% of the field force I think it would be a win! Anyone ever try anything like this?

Default Re: Ayone ever try a bee IN-escape

Mann Lake sells such a thing, I believe, intended to make moving bees easy. I think it's on the same page as other kinds of screening/moving gadgets. I think it was billed as something invented by a FL beekeeper to handle the issue of late afternoons/evenings too warm to close hives in for moving late in the day.

I may be confused as to the supplier. It's not Betterbee. The only other catalogue I have in paper form is MannLake. But I have looked websites from both Brushy Mountain and Kelly's, as well. So if not ML, then try those other two.

Enj.

Default Re: Ayone ever try a bee IN-escape

Found it, thanks! While I don't fullt understand how theirs works it provides hope that the idea is at least workable. Anyone have any experience with these?

http://www.mannlakeltd.com/beekeepin...ct/WW-174.html