Thread: Maxant 1400

Hybrid View

Smile Maxant 1400

Well i just said the heck with looking for a used extractor and bought a new Maxant 1400PL plus a bunch of other things i added like queen rearing supplies which i'm going to try to get into next year and i absolutley can't wait until it all gets here !!!!

is there anything special i need to do before using the extractor? like wash it with something special other than water and dry it out?? belt adjustments or alignments?

Wahoo ! i wish i could have got a shirt from Maxant or something, but i couldn't figure out the customs broker ect and it was just as easy for me to get it from a canadian dealer.

Do they sell shirts?

p.s. did i mention WAHOO !

Ben

Default Re: Maxant 1400

Their hats are awesome, get one!
    President, San Francisco Beekeepers Association
    www.habitatforhoneybees.org

I mounted mine on a 3/4 sheet of plywood at an angle and sealed the plywood,, with a good wood sealer since it requires washing out,, (to facilitate drainage,,) and on 3 locking castors, (to allow me to move it around,,) other than that,, all is GOOD

Just got the same extractor. Can't wait to put it to work.

Ben, well done. Nothing special to prep the vessel. Mine is mounted as Beegeorge's is. Have you bought enough 5 gallon buckets to extract into? Containers? Labels? Refractometer? Estimate of harvest? Let the games begin.

You may also want to track down a long-handled (~36") spatula or paddle. Scraping the sides after that last spin gets a ton of honey back down to the bottom of the extractor quicker than waiting for gravity. Using a short paddle works, but it's a bit of a reach...
    -Phil Domeier
    www.nowthenhoney.com

Quote Originally Posted by Adrian Quiney WI View Post
    Ben, well done. Nothing special to prep the vessel. Mine is mounted as Beegeorge's is. Have you bought enough 5 gallon buckets to extract into? Containers? Labels? Refractometer? Estimate of harvest? Let the games begin.
    i don't have a refractometer , do i need one? i though as long as it was capped and didn't drip after you shook it, it was okay + Keith Delaplane said to put it in a room with a dehumidifier and a fan if it looks a little too wet ? or i can just buy one i guess: )

Buckets i ordered 3 5 gallon and a 180 lb storage tank for bottling, it is my first year and i don't have many supers of honey , about 6-8 ready, i don't know how much that is ?
    i have lots of containers, and i even designed my own labels : )

Ben