we recently extracted and being lazy, I didn't want to deal with my cappings. From 15 supers, I draine off the cappings, then I placed the cappings in two fermentation buckets, covered with water, stirred, and it read 16 brix. I tossed in a packet of 71b-1122 and it started rocking. After a couple days I gently stirred the wax, after a couple more days the wax rose in a cap that looked clean so I started scooping it off. I then rendered the fairly clean wax. An early taste indicates a decent final product. Just sharing for the potential of an easy way to get some mead and also clean some cappings...