Default Really need input (help) on this.

Here is what is happening. I have bees that were hived from a cutout this past Saturday. I've noticed that the bees have been tossing out dead and dying bees the last few days. Actually quite a few in the last few days.
    The bees that are dragged out are not robbers, and cannot fly once they hit the ground. They seem to be in a great deal of distress and they die shortly after.
    The bees that are left on the super and the porch are acting very, very "nervously" compared to the other hives. On edge I guess you could call it.

I'm thinking tracheal mites? What is your experience?

Thanks!

Default Re: Really need input (help) on this.

Cutouts need awhile to settle down. You didn't describe how the removal went. Did you band in brood to empty frames? Were you able to locate the queen? Did you make sure to leave them some honey in the comb? Did you use a vacuum ? (hard on bees). I leave mine alone for well over a week then inspect them. Look for queen cells or better yet eggs. That will tell you a lot.
    "Tradition becomes our security, and when the mind is secure it is in decay".....Krishnamurti

Removal went very well and the brood was banded to empty frames. The queen was located as she was crawling up my buds leg! I did give them quite a few frames of honey and I did use a bee vac that I used in a previous job. Those bees are doing excellent!
    Never had bees act like this before is all and I have no answer for it. Maybe they need time like you stated.
    The dead and dying bees could be a result of the bands getting chewed through you think? There are a half dozen or so out front.

If you don't know whether or not you got the queen make sure they have eggs in the hive. Even if you have to add a frame from another hive.
    The bees being removed where probably injured, the queen could have been injured also.
    Dan

Thanks for looking at things half empty than half full KQ! lol
    I just checked and found the queen laying away. I took this opportunity to remove all the bands while the queen was in a safe zone.
    Hopefully all will settle down now.

Knowing what you know now, I'd leave them alone a couple weeks to settle into their new home.
    Dan