Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Dadant 12 frame extractor.. should I buy or not

As I listed a while back, no troubles since purchase in 86. Mine is belt driven-no belts replaced yet-probably just jinxed myself. I load it full with 12 med frames each time. I rarely extract brood-size combs, but if I did, I'd only put in 3 or 6.

Dadant has the parts to the belt drive if you ever need them. Mine 20 frame is over 20 years old and still going.

Well I hemmed and hawed long enough for this deal to disappear. So.. I am thinking a new Maxant. Got a call into Jake. Hopefully I will have an extractor and something to extract soon.

That sounds like my luck on the used Dadant, Dan.

I talked with Jake about a week ago and he told me it would be roughly six weeks the 1400 was back in stock. I was hoping to find out what deal might be coming so I could decide to wait and buy the Maxant or go ahead and buy something else and have it delivered to our upcoming association meeting (and save shipping $$$). It looks like I'll either have to go ahead and order something from a vendor or either miss the free delivery and gamble on a deal from Maxant.<sigh> Ah well, nothing is easy....maybe carry my supers over to my mentor's for a couple of years and see how things go.

Ed

The holiday season is approaching..........
    www.maxantindustries.com
    American made Honey Processing Equipment "Built to last a lifetime"

Town of West Monroe, Oswego County, New York, USA

Bump to this... old classmate acquired a 12 Frame Dadant extractor from his Grandfather... nearly new, and has variable speed control dial. He's not sure of the age, but suspects its no more than 10 years old. He's not a beekeeper, and wants to sell it. What should he be looking to get for it? At first I was offering to help him sell it, but the more I think about it, I'll probably get it for myself. Currently have 11 production hives, and another 25 nucs going (I catch a lot of swarms...)

He's dropping it off to my place in a few days. What would be a fair asking price for mint condition?

Offer him $100 and some honey to sweeten the deal
    www.maxantindustries.com
    American made Honey Processing Equipment "Built to last a lifetime"

Quote Originally Posted by MAXANT View Post
    Offer him $100 and some honey to sweeten the deal
    Hey I like the idea of $100 plus honey...sounds just a bit low though, since those cheap Chinese plastic 2 framers are over that price. The variable speed is a useful option. Stainless and 12 frame? $200 is fair. I paid $750 new years and years ago. I like the honey suggestion Maxant, so I guess we are at the same general price. If you don't want it, I will take it! I have fellow beeks using my extractor for their harvest and paying $50 to use it.

Town of West Monroe, Oswego County, New York, USA

Recent used sales of these are between $450 and $750. Was thinking of offering $500 and a hive for his orchard... if its mint as stated, and fairly new. My second choice is a Maxant 1400PL.... but don't have the cabbage for it this season. Maybe an upgrade at tax time next year?

$500 range is fair, maybe more if it really is like new. You won't need to upgrade unless you grow your business.