Default Back from the edge!

Thought I'd start a new post here to tell the many friends I have on Beesource that have contacted me inquiring about my absence that I'm now well enough to get back to Beesource AND my neglected bees after a stroke robbed me temporarily of my right arm.
    Oddly enough I can use my hand but can't move my arm-how strange !
    Too many have contacted me via PM and email to reply to all plus I got frustrated with my hundreds of back logged emails and just deleted them ALL so I don't want to seem ungrateful to those folks.
    Got into my hives today and one that I knew was in trouble from the reduced traffic was being overrun with SHB and moths. Swapped some brood frames in from the neighbor hive and that was all I could get done 'cause of stumbling due to overtired. Put the two (mostly empty,but some nectar and capped honey) supers over the inner cover I use just for this so they can rob the supers out. In a day or two i'll go back and reduce them down to one deep.
    I tried to help this hive last week but wasnt up to the job and was reminded of a lesson I learned in the late 60's-the bees object strongly if you drop a frame of brood onto an open deep
    Anyway, thanks bunches to all who were concerned about my absence and to Vance-yep, still being me
    "Wine is a constant proof that God loves us and loves to see us happy" Ben Franklin

Default Re: Back from the edge!

Welcome back Mike

Welcome back Mike!
    americasbeekeeper.com
    beekeeper@americasbeekeeper.com

This gettin' old thing-it ain't for sissies!
    "Wine is a constant proof that God loves us and loves to see us happy" Ben Franklin

Welcome back Mike, hope your recovery goes well, the girls need ya!!