Default Free bumblebee colony, Taylor, Michigan.

It's under a porch. Don't they go dormant, and then maybe a shopvac could be used to gently remove the eggs to a more desirable location?

I'd love to pick them up but I'm about 1300 miles away. PM me if anyone is interested. So far they haven't stung anyone, homeowner blocked off one location after spray failed (you knew that was coming, right), and they have a default entrance. Which might mean 2 ways to get them out.

Gypsi
    Time to be a gypsy again, 2014 will be my prep year, my bees want a better area with actual rainfall.

Default Re: Free bumblebee colony, Taylor, Michigan.

Bumble bees are annual. They will die out this fall and wont come back. If they aren't causing problems, why dont they just leave them. Maybe get some pictures and i can see what species and give more details.

Default Re: Free bumblebee colony, Taylor, Michigan.

Thank you Robo - that is just what I needed to know, whether they would come back. I don't know half what I'd like to know about them. Will pass this on to soninlaw and see if I get pics back. I'll post if I do.

Gypsi
    Time to be a gypsy again, 2014 will be my prep year, my bees want a better area with actual rainfall.