Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

Where does beeswax come from?

11K views 18 replies 10 participants last post by  Nantom670 
#1 ·
Is it okay to post a picture I didn't take? I've been rendering wax for beeswax candles this week, and was trying to find a picture to explain to someone exactly how the wax was made, when I found this AMAZING photo at Honey Bee Suite:

From the photographer, Debbe Krape: "I took this photo a couple of years ago with an inexpensive point and shoot camera. The bee was from a recently installed package and was clearly confused about the inside/outside part of the whole deal [the bee was on the outside of the hive]. Nevertheless, I thought it was a cool picture; so for anyone who ever wondered about exactly where the wax glands are, this “butt picture” appears to provide the answer."

Attachments

See less See more
#6 ·
Hello Rusty! If I'd known you were on the board, I'd have said hello. I did link back to you though, of course.

It's such a fantastic shot, I was so glad to find it. And, haha, it got a GREAT reaction from the person that had been asking about wax in the first place.

Thanks for posting it!

#13 ·
If you submit something on the internet it's public domain. If you don't want it in the public domain, don't put it on the internet.

*edit*

Man that's an awesome photo. I must have scrolled up and looked at it fourteen times just in typing out this post alone. You know who posted it here? I don't i didn't even look over or care, you know who originally took the picture? I don't, I don't even care. It's an awesome picture that I'm glad someone (whom I could care less is) shared. Phenomenal camera work done by someone else (whom I don't even care is).

#14 ·
If you submit something on the internet it's public domain... I don't, I don't even care...
Well, you WOULD care if it would be naked picture (or something else) of you with some girl (or something else) and your wife/mom will see it on the Internet multiplied by hundreds. Nobody cancelled the copyrights law in US. Current law stated that author has immediate copyrights on artwork. The copyrights may be removed if author and only author intentionally sign the paper passing rights to somebody else (publisher etc). Sergey

#15 ·
Well, I am glad ariana properly credited the photographer. And I learned something from this Thread about photos on the internet.

Had this photo showed some sort of illegal activity could it be used in Court as evidence? I know that internet Postings can be used that way. What about photos?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.