Thread: maxant 30F

Default maxant 30F

Hello i have been looking for a used Extractor and i would like a Maxant. I found a commercial place near me that has 2 Maxant 30F for sale 1200-1400 +tax 20+ years old and well used, i know nothing about extractors, as far as sturdy construction it looks good (industrial) but maxant doesn't produce them and i'm worried about parts if i need them down the line. i see they list some parts available, but i don't like buying things and have to turn around and fix the every year. I am a mechanic and i don't really want to spend my time fixing things when i'm trying to enjoy myself beekeeping : )

I was going to get a 1400L electric maxant 20 frame. they sell for 1595 +tx & freight here in canada
    here is a picture of the units

extractor.jpg
    also the ad
    http://novascotia.kijiji.ca/c-buy-an...AdIdZ398432746
    any thoughts on this ??

Ben

Default Re: maxant 30F

I just picked up the 1400 great looking and well built. Can't wait to try it out.
    Last edited by Birdman; 08-12-2012 at 11:45 AM.

We still make the parts for the 500-30.
    The only part that wears are the fiber drive wheels which we stock year round.
    www.maxantindustries.com
    American made Honey Processing Equipment "Built to last a lifetime"

You'll probably spend the difference between old and new buying parts plus shipping. I would spend the couple of hundred bucks extra and buy a new Maxant!
    President, San Francisco Beekeepers Association
    www.habitatforhoneybees.org

I wonder how much the 30 framer cost when it was new? I'm with Charlie, you're better off with a new one. Also, the top part of the reel looks pretty grungy to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Birdman View Post
    I just picked up the 1400 great looking and well built. Can't wait to try it out.
    you will love it! u plan on mounting it on a platform?

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Little View Post
    Hello i have been looking for a used Extractor and i would like a Maxant. I found a commercial place near me that has 2 Maxant 30F for sale 1200-1400 +tax 20+ years old and well used, i know nothing about extractors, as far as sturdy construction it looks good (industrial) but maxant doesn't produce them and i'm worried about parts if i need them down the line. i see they list some parts available, but i don't like buying things and have to turn around and fix the every year. I am a mechanic and i don't really want to spend my time fixing things when i'm trying to enjoy myself beekeeping : )

I was going to get a 1400L electric maxant 20 frame. they sell for 1595 +tx & freight here in canada
    here is a picture of the units

extractor.jpg
    also the ad
    http://novascotia.kijiji.ca/c-buy-an...AdIdZ398432746
    any thoughts on this ??

Ben
    ben, give jake at maxant a call. tell him what u want to do. i am sure he will work with you . i am very happy with all my maxant equipment i have.

it would cost more to ship from the united states to me than to buy from a dealer in canada i was told. because there is customs/brokers fees. the beemaid place sells the 1400 for 1595 +tax and freight. they said the prices they have are 100 bucks more than Maxant because of the shipping from the US.
    I am only taking peoples word on this information, i am a little bit gullable when it comes to people telling me the full story : ) it's just how i am.

Plus Beemaid told me almost a month ago they had none because they were on backorder, well it must be a long list of backorders because they said 2 weeks and it's now a month. and i never heard from them and i told them i wanted one ASAP.

I would love to buy factory direct. usually you get better deals, but freight will kill me and i don't know much about brokers

Ben

Quote Originally Posted by adamant View Post
    you will love it! u plan on mounting it on a platform?
    I'm Going to, I think it will help to slide bucket under.

So my main concern is that i know that over the years materials cost more and products take a quality drop because of it and i was worried that if i bought a new extractor vs older , the material would be lower quality , mainly because of the 'overseas' marketed items here causing the porblem of selling a quality item at competitive prices.
    how many years will an extractor go until it breaks ?
    and was a model 30F a good model? how much were they sold for?

the one for sale has been used commercially for 20 years & the man has 1200 hives.

i think things through way too much sometimes i know.

Ben

There is nothing like getting something "new"...that way its always yours..the used ones definately look used.
    "Tradition becomes our security, and when the mind is secure it is in decay".....Krishnamurti

I get what you're saying but I don't think you have to worry about declining quality with Maxant. Jake will treat you right and give you a good deal.
    President, San Francisco Beekeepers Association
    www.habitatforhoneybees.org

I have that extractor and it will NEVER wear out. I like the nothing like getting something new post but were not talking new car smell. If I were you I would be writing a check

There is no telling what they sold for new back in those days...... I think in the area of $1700-$2000.
    www.maxantindustries.com
    American made Honey Processing Equipment "Built to last a lifetime"

Beemaid does not usually have stock when you need it. I called for Pierco Medium frames and they said they were out. I asked them to call when available and it's been ver a month. I'm pretty sure they do not stock many extractors and order when needed.

i had an email sent from josh @ beemaid friday , saying they would have one on tuesday at Beemaid, my name is on it : )

i don't know why people question me on why i am getting such a large extractor . after all it's my dang money LOL

Ben