Thread: <3 Purvis

Default <3 Purvis

I ordered two queens from Purvis last week and I am so impressed with the company.

1) Rosie is a delight to deal with. She is always responsive and friendly.

2) My queens were supposed to come overnight. The PO was slow, and I did not get them til the following day. This was no problem and the queens arrived healthy and fat. But Rosie has already sent me a confirmation that my postage will be refunded due to the late delivery.

3) We have a weird PO situation here since I leave on a street that straddles two states. When my queens did not arrive on time, Rosie looked in to it and thought she had sent them to the wrong PO because I live in a different state than they were shipped two. She was all prepared to send out two more queens that day. Thankfully, I caught her in time and they did not ship.

If Purvis shows half the diligence and care in breeding that they do in customer service, I am sure that these queens will blow me away.

Default Re: <3 Purvis

Same exceptional service with 5 Purvis Queens I ordered in July. Rosie was fantastic to work with. I will be ordering queens from them in the future.

Dann Purvis…yes he spells it Dann….is quite a character. For years he intentionally introduced all sorts of pest stress on his bees. His annual losses were big. He was the first real breeder of survivor stock that I knew. I heard him referred to as a ‘loose cannon’….and he surely was and likely still is. I always liked him. He is on a mission. If you have his queens….you’ve got some good genes in your pool.
    Dan www.boogerhillbee.com
    Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwards

I have had Purvis queens for a few years. They are the best honey producers I have. Other queens I have are Harvey, Koenen, Weavers (R & B), and Russell. I have decided to go mostly with Purvis Goldlines (Honey) and Russell SunKist (Bees).
    "I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies." - Thomas Jefferson