Thread: Is it a peach?

Default Is it a peach?

peach.jpg
    I bought a bunch of fruit trees last fall bare root after spending all summer choosing the type that would do well and prolong fruit harvest of each fruit... Lost the packing slip and don't remember what I decided on (dumb move) but my real question is I have what is supposed to be a peach but it's leaves don't look like what peach leaves (from my experience) are supposed to look like (the above plant) it also have not really taken off like the other peaches...

Does this leaf look like a peach to anyone else. It didn't dye back below the graft but it only put a few inchs on not the feet the peachs did...

Help

P.S. this relates to bees in that I have bees on the same property as the tree ()

Default Re: Is it a peach?

Kind of looks like an apple to me....

I agree it looks like apple

My wife once got an apple tree she was all excited about. After just a couple of years it began to bear fruit. I gotta tell you, that apple tree had some of the prettiest and best tasting pears I've ever seen come from an apple tree. -james

I would say apple as well or possibly some wild rootstock if the scion died.

Pears and apples are very similar with minor differences in leaves and twigs

my apple tree leaves have a smooth edge. The leaves in the picture aren't so maybe it is a different variety.