Default My new honey filter material

After 35 years of pumping my honey crop through ladies nylon stockings, which of course added a sensual thrill to honey processing, I this year had a brilliant vision and have been using drain pipe poly filter sock. It comes in a 100 foot roll. I cut about a 26" length, knot the lower end, and clamp it to my double pipe outlet. It does not sag, run and stretch unpredictably like a nylon stocking, and seems to filter just as well. They are also reusable. Possibly this discovery will end years of embarrassment soliciting the few women in my life for their discard nylons, and sneaking around the women's department at Walmart. It will however also end decades of fantasy and voyuerism in the honey room.

Click next pic to view video. Actually 2012, not 2011 as the senile beekeeper states in video.

Last edited by odfrank; 08-09-2012 at 09:25 PM.

Default Re: My new honey filter material

Quote Originally Posted by odfrank View Post
    Possibly this discovery will end years of embarrassment soliciting the few women in my life for their discard nylons, and sneaking around the women's department at Walmart. It will however also end decades of fantasy and voyuerism in the honey room.
    Well, I only buy NEW knee high stockings. I do, however, enjoy the funny little smirk the check out girl gives me when I give her a wink that says, "I'll never tell."

Grant
    Jackson, MO
    Beekeeping With Twenty-five Hives: https://www.createspace.com/4152725

You guys are sick!
    President, San Francisco Beekeepers Association
    www.habitatforhoneybees.org

You know what the 3rd picture looks like. What a bull.... LOL
    Like it!
    Klamath Basin Beekeepers Association: www.klamathbeekeepers.org
    Facebook: www.facebook.com/groups/kbbafb/

Post deleted by original poster.
    Last edited by beemandan; 08-10-2012 at 03:52 PM. Reason: My sense of humor is missed.
    Dan www.boogerhillbee.com
    Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwards

Quote Originally Posted by beemandan View Post
    124.05.02 ...men’s underwear used in the preparation of consumable food items may be of used condition but should be in like new condition; those with stains or discoloration should be avoided whenever possible.
    I'm sorry.... WHAT!??!?!

No really..... WHAT!!??!?!

Let me rephrase that: So, in **state withdrawn**, a food processor..... can..... WHAT!!???!!!
    Last edited by TokerM; 08-10-2012 at 04:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TokerM View Post
    ... WHAT!??!?!

No really..... WHAT!!??!?!
    Chill....look at the date on the addendum. April 1. Ring any bells? Sheesh!

Makes my brain hurt......
    Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwards

Ok people...before anyone else gets their shorts in a knot (pun intended)....do I need to delete my post?
    I know I have an unusual sense of humor and thought it would be a good chuckle.
    To delete or not....that is the question.

:headslap:

ok... got me on that one.... I lose 5 Internets...

NO!! Leave it up.... absolutely hilarious!

Quote Originally Posted by TokerM View Post
    NO!! Leave it up....
    I had to pull it. I could see it going viral and next thing I knew I'd have the dept of ag folks on my doorstep.

Thanks for removing the state TokerM......

Has anyone ever thought of using a food grade filter since we are after all producing a food product?

Old thread I realize, but I am curious to know what the minimum temperature would be to use a filtering setup like this? I like to keep the temps below 105 deg F and occasionally run some "extra raw" honey around 80 deg F.

Thanks
    Adam - Zone 5A
    www.adamshoney.com

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie B View Post
    You guys are sick!
    Charlie B .... Along this same line, I went into a Dollar Store and picked up 2000 bobby pins, ( 20 cards of 100 each). I bought all they had. I use them to hold foundation straight in deep frames until the bees knit the foundation to the frames.

When I got to the checkout counter the lady said, "You don't have that much hair". I just gave her the $20.00 and left her wondering why I needed 2000 bobby pins.

cchoganjr

Aw, come on. Used ladies stockings can't be any worse than having the local maidens crush grapes with their bare feet. Might even be a selling point if you're making mead.

Dunno about the men's underware. I'm sure there is a niche market, but I'm not into that.

We tried the bobby pins. OK for brood, but when the bees draw one side of a deep and fill it with honey, bobby pins are not enough and you get wonky comb. I gave in and got the wiring tools.