Default Need an extractor conversion kit

for my 9-frame radial. Both Rossman and Brushy Mountain have it back ordered, but no delivery expected for a long time. anybody know of a vendor that has one on hand?

Default Re: Need an extractor conversion kit

Try this... get a 1/2" corded variable drill and a router control box (harbor freight)... remove handle / pulley attach drill to shaft plug into router control box..plug into wall... push in and lock the drill switch then use router control to start / spin drill... this is what I use for a Maxtant 3200 radial works well and not so expensive..
    Andy, 5 yr beek 11 hives, 4 trapped swarms this year... TF, never tried chemicals, still have bees

Interesting. I might give that a try. You said "remove handle / pulley attach drill to shaft" What do you mean "pulley attach" Is drive belt required? How do you lock drill in place so it doesn't turn?

I have my drill attached directly to the basket shaft, it is held in place (so it don't spin) by some metal strapping that I made a loop around the drill and secured to one of the bolts that held the drive belt cover... you'll have to divise something to work depending on how yours is setup... the drivebelt and related stuff is not needed... you should have a bearing that holds the top of the basket shaft, then the shaft sticks up in out the top
    Andy, 5 yr beek 11 hives, 4 trapped swarms this year... TF, never tried chemicals, still have bees

If you want a gear reduction, you could try a mud mixing drill like this:

http://www.amazon.ca/DEWALT-DW130V-2.../dp/B0007W1K9G

0-550RPM

I use one to mix thick syrup and creamed honey seed and works great. Lots of torque and it has a throttle lock on it.
    Adam - Zone 5A
    www.adamshoney.com