Default Introducing young queen bee without removing the old queen

Greetings to all,
    Many times I have trouble finding the queen bee in the hive.
    I want to know if there is any method to successfully introduce a fertilized young queen bee without removing the old queen.

Default Re: Introducing young queen bee without removing the old queen

Yes, there is.
    But first you have to test out the hive to see if the old queen is still inside or not.
    If she is still there then any mated young queen you put inside they will kill her off.
    If you have another hive then put in a frame with eggs/larvae to see if they will make a queen cell.
    Queen cells indicate that they are without a queen now.
    Don't mix foreign bees into a virgin hive. She might get balled 100% of the time! When will you ever learn, huh?

Default Re: Introducing young queen bee without removing the old queen

Actually you can. Take 2 - 3 frames of brood and shake all the bees off them. Place another box on top of the box you removed the brood from and place a queen excluder between them (you'll need to replace the frames you removed from the original box). Nurse bees will then move up to the new box to take care of the brood. After this occurs, install a double screen board in place of the queen excluder and you can now introduce a new queen to the upper box using the same procedure you would use with a package. The double screen board will prevent the transfer of pheromones from the old queen. That being said, I think you just need to take your time and search more diligently for the old queen.
    It is what it is!