Default Medium select 8 frame supers -- Dadant vs Mann Lake vs your recommendation

Thinking toward next year, I am getting ready to buy and assemble 40-50 medium 8 frame supers. I have used Dadant and Brushy Mt. and like both. Brushy Mt. costs a little more but does seem better.
    I am going to pay the extra roughly $2 for Select instead of Commercial.

Due to price I am now deciding between Dadant and Mann Lake (the prices are $10.50 I can pickup and $10.40 shipped).

Anyone have a strong approval or disapproval? OR a recommendation of a less expensive (including shipping) but comparable quality source.

Thanks.

Default Re: Medium select 8 frame supers -- Dadant vs Mann Lake vs your recommendation

Most of my boxes are from Miller's in NC. https://millerbeesupply.com/8-frame-...re/cat_73.html

I find that the commercial grade suits me just fine. I also have some budget boxes that have chipped out hand holds but went together just fine.
    BeeCurious
    Trying to think inside the box...

Default Re: Medium select 8 frame supers -- Dadant vs Mann Lake vs your recommendation

I bought Mann Lake Select boxes early this year and then purchased the budget boxes when they were on sale. I will continue to buy the budget boxes because most of them looked like their Commercial grade or better. No problems with knots in the end joints or loose knots. I put a light coat of Titebond III on all the visable knots before priming and painting.

I paid $8.50 for the Brood Boxes and $5.75 for the Mediums.......the wood alone costs me that much at the lumber yard.

I switched to commercial grade last year and have had no second thoughts. They perform well. I received a flyer (attached) from Brushy Mountain yesterday and noticed that they have their commercial grade supers and brood boxes on sale if you're interested.

http://www.brushymountainbeefarm.com...m_medium=email
    Experience isn't always the best way to learn...You usually get the lesson first...And the instruction afterwards...

After 32 years and thousands of boxes, I see no reason to buy anything but budjet boxes. THE BEES DONT CARE!

if you spend 100.00 Mann lake has free shipping.

I just bought 300 med frames and supers economy from mann lake. they were great. I tried western bee they were cheaper, but more expensive with shipping.