Default Walter Kelley Multipurpose Tank

I just ordered the Dadant 20 frame extractor today, and now i'm looking for an uncapping tank that can make my extracting and bottling process easier. I have been looking at the uncapping tanks by various manufacturer's and i'm interested in the Kelley multipurpose tank. It can be used to uncap frames and also can be used as a wax melter. I'm also wondering if I could set some pails of honey inside the heated portion of the tank for liquifying granulated honey. The tank comes with strainer tray, cover, heating element, ball valve, and plastic gate valve. The stand is $90.00 extra. Has anyone purchased this machine and what can I expect? I especially like the fact that I can melt my wax cappings in one machine. Currently I run around 50 hives and its time to upgrade some of my equipment and makes things easier. Any input would be appreciated. I purchased the Dadant extractor because of the shipping cost to my state. I also own a Maxant bottler.
    "Tradition becomes our security, and when the mind is secure it is in decay".....Krishnamurti

Default Re: Walter Kelley Multipurpose Tank

Congrats on the 20 frame extractor. Let us know how you like it. Like you I'm going to have to upgrade maybe next spring so I'm curious on the Walter Kelly tanks as well.
    President, San Francisco Beekeepers Association
    www.habitatforhoneybees.org

Default Re: Walter Kelley Multipurpose Tank

Quote Originally Posted by Riskybizz View Post
    I have been looking at the uncapping tanks by various manufacturer's and i'm interested in the Kelley multipurpose tank. Has anyone purchased this machine and what can I expect?
    Riskybizz - did you by chance ever purchase this tank, and if so, your opinion or experience? I also think this looks like an interesting all-in-one unit that would cover many different tasks.
    I love the smell of nectar in the morning.