Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

Beekeeping bucket

7K views 17 replies 11 participants last post by  Acebird 
#1 ·

I customized my tool bucket to hold my smoker this afternoon. I can't wait to get it out in the field. Anyone else have a custom rig to carry their tools in. Share a pic.

See less See more
#2 ·
I just have a 5 gallon bucket with an organizer from Lowe's. They sell others with a lot more pockets but this one works for me. I keep it in the cab of the pickup and mostly, I just grab one of the hive tools from it and stick it in my back pocket. Helpful to have all the other stuff I almost never need handy though. (Today I needed toothpicks while at an out yard. They were in the bucket.)

The smoker I keep in the bed of the truck. I also keep a 5 gal bucket of straw in the cab which is the fuel for the smoker.

Wayne

#7 ·
Adam- A metal pail is a great idea. If I had one I would use it. Fire is kind of the reason I added the smoker shelf. Carrying a hot smoker and the bucket and usually a feeder, or a honey super is a pain. Also I only have one out yard so I usually extinguish the smoker before I leave, I just wanted a place for the smoker that won't melt the plastic.

Charlie- The little strap there is just an old clothes hanger cut and bent and fed through the bucket to keep the thing from falling off.

#13 ·
My bee yard is in my back yard so I keep all my tools in a plastic mail box mounted to a fence made of pallets on end in a zig zag fashion. The smoker hangs on one of the rungs with the bellows covered by a clear plastic jug which use to contain pretzels. Another plastic container has the saw dust and stick matches in it with the cover screwed tight setting on the ground near the fence.

#14 ·
Nice. Getting some sort of functional toolbox was an important step for me this year. Before, I had a mish-mash of bags and a jumble of stuff in my car. Now I have a nice metal box for carrying my smoker (and suffocating it when not in use), and a toolbox I made that holds all my tools, gloves and smoker (in a similar fashion to yours). It has made my yard visits much more efficient, and therefore - more enjoyable.

Adam

#18 ·
Home made. The aluminum extrusion came off our buss stop that I converted into a green house. The extrusion was used to mount the glass originally. All I had to do was cut them and drill holes for the screws. Any angle would work. If you wanted to make them thicker like the extrusion I used just screw a stick of wood to the top side.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.