Default Bees mostly gone, funny looking honey

I inspected my hives 2 1/2 weeks ago and found that one of them had 3 made supercedure cells. This is a pretty new hive (2 months since installing from package), but I had to requeen after 1 month. I assume the new queen wasn't laying well. It is a very weak hive, so I also gave them a frame of brood from the other hive, which is doing well. After finding the queen cells, I checked on the hive 1 week later, and found that 2 had hatched. I couldn't find the queen, but figured they'd be ok. I've been out of town and just got back, but I noticed there was NO bee activity all day from this hive. So I checked on them again, and found that there are only enough bees to cover 1 frame, I can't find any eggs or live larvae, and I did not see the queen. They had only drawn comb out on 5 1/2 frames so far, and they filled so much of it with honey I was wondering if they were becoming honey-bound even though there were more frames, but with no drawn comb. I know the queen cells were not swarm cells; they were near the top, but could the new queen have decided to take most of the colony elsewhere?

My second question is that the honey had a strange color to it - slightly grayish maybe, and the frame of brood I had given them looked like the larvae in it were dead and dried up - hopefully I can get the pictures to post. There are SHB, but I didn't see larvae. What on earth is going on???0801121128.jpg0801121128a.jpg

Default Re: Bees mostly gone, funny looking honey

99.9% sure it's Small Hive Beetle. Looks like one in the second picture. It's the little hard black dot running around. Good luck.

What do I have to do with them now? I have tried to find out online, but other than freezing the frames, I can't find out anything else. If I freeze the frames, what do I do with them afterwards? Scrape them down or something? And I don't know is there's anything I can do about the few remaining bees?

You can remove the frame and put in a new, clean, empty location and hope. But the odds are unfortunately pretty good that this colony won't make it. Give them a small place to live, with a very small opening.

I personally don't try to salvage equipment from diseased or otherwise-failed hives. I might scrub the boxes out with a strong bleach solution and then let them dry in the sun for a week or two, washing several times with soap and water and then water ... just to save the boxes. But the frames, after breakdown and a similar cleaning, become kindling.

Does anyone have any insight about why the bee's larvae are dried out & dead? Are there just too few bees left to care for them or should I be concerned about disease?

Could of been a pesticide.