Default pollination advice or book

i am looking for a book or pamphlet on all the different types of plants that could use bees to pollinate......i know this may be crazy but you guys know what is out there....thank you greg

Default Re: pollination advice or book

Get the Hive and the Honey Bee it has a good section in it.
    Plant Hardiness Zone 6B, 5300 ft., Bee Zone A/B, Proverbs 24:13
    https://www.facebook.com/mobileprotection#!/2RBeeFarm

A book titled Honeybee Plants of North America or something like that is available through either Dadant, Mann Lake, or Brushy Mountain bee Supply catalogues, probably A.I Root company as well, and I'd check Walter Kelly if they carry it. There is now a recent book about bee plants in my area in Southern California. I need to get both of these, too. Look for the first one I mentioned, and if there is anything more local for your area, too. Good luck!

Fuu download in PDF and /or ePub available here

http://archive.org/details/americanhoneypla00pell

USDA Agricultural Research Service Agricultural Handbook No. 496 "Insect Pollination of Cultivated Crop Plants"

Find a copy of that and you will have detailed information on all of the Cultivated Crop Plants and their Pollination needs grown in the United States.
    Mark Berninghausen "That which works, persists."

everybody..thank you,thank you....i was not aware of this type of information.....you guys are great

Is there anything you are looking for specifically?
    Mark Berninghausen "That which works, persists."

Grozzie2 - Thank you for the link. I think that is the correct title of the book - American Honey Plants by Frank Pellet, available through Dadant / American Bee Journal.

sqkcrk - Thank you for that little beauty! I can hardly wait!

Greg Z - and thank the guys that started and maintain Beesource! This site ROCKS! All the hobbyists in the local bee club wondered how I get so much cool info until they logged on to Beesource, then they tell me stuff I always wanted to know or wish I'd already known.

The gal I told to send her dead bees off to the National Bee Laboratory in Beltsville, Maryland had a similar reaction, as I did when I heard about it here in Beesource. We both learned to identify Varroa Destructor and nosema apis early in the cycle, before our bees have to overwinter with such stresses. It is easy to learn to love this site and the folks who share the info!

It's not the same as 30 years' experience in 2 years, but it sure speeds along the process.
    Last edited by kilocharlie; 08-02-2012 at 01:15 AM.