Default Disease: How long does it take to hear back from Beltsville?

Wondering how long it takes to hear back from Beltsville Bee Lab. Had a swarm call in Rutland, VT which is about 30 miles north of me. Simple garage wall removal. When we opened it up I saw the smallest swarm ever which consisted of three combs about the size of a pancake with about 400 bees. Something was wrong.

Perforated cappings, Exposed mature pupae, bees were actually dragging out pupae while I watched, dead pupae in uncapped cells, larva which never got capped etc. Something was wrong.

Did a "ropy" test for AFB and it was negative.

Stuffed it all in frames with rubber bands and put in a nuc. Drove to a friends house which is about 7 miles from any of my hives and brushed all of the bees into a jar with alcohol and then bagged all of the comb into a paper bag. Put it all in a box with a letter and sent it to Beltsville.

I then sterilized any tools I had used on the job with a torch, threw away the old veil I had worn (was time to replace anyway) and ran the gloves through the washer with a ton of bleach.

How soon do you think I will hear back from Beltsville??

Raising Vermont Bees one mistake at a time.
    USDA Zone 5A

Default Re: Disease: How long does it take to hear back from Beltsville?

Hey Keth.
    Their turn around is usually pretty fast. About 2-3 weeks, but it depends on how back logged they are.

No expert at all, but the picture looks a lot like when a small hive with brood gets robbed into starvation.
    since '09-25H-T-Z6b

Possibly but the one comb of nectar was untouched and didn't show signs of robbing.
    USDA Zone 5A

Keth, be sure to post the lab results here, OK?
    LeeB
    I try to learn from my mistakes, and from yours when you give me a heads up :)

I checked the dates on my last sample and it took 15 days from the day I sent it to the day I got the results back.

Did they get sprayed by homeowner?

Thanks Brad. Hope to hear from them in two weeks. I isolated the nuc that I transported them in and will burn it if the report is bad. Not expecting AFB but something was seriously wrong with this swarm.

Mike, the homeowners were bee lovers and they said they didn't spray them. After I removed alll the comb and bees inside they didn't like me smoking the stragglers and spraying a bit of Bee Go so I could seal up their entry.

I gave them a pint of my own honey and a dozen eggs from my chickens. In return she gave me woolen hats she knitted for me and my sons. Nice people. Big fans of humane honeybee removals.

The next day I was called to remove a "two year old" hive from our local high school gym soffit because it needed painting and the painters didn't want to be near the bees. I got all of the brood and caught the queen. A big golden Italian momma. A tough job that resulted in a huge hive for a good friend that wants to be a part of our local beekeeping community. It is tough work at the top of a 30 foot ladder and I don't think I want to make this a regular part of my life but every now and then it is fun and I learn a lot. Bees are good teachers.
    USDA Zone 5A