Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Pigeon Mountain issue

Quote Originally Posted by TokerM View Post
    For those of you that got your orders from PM, a few questions:

How would you asses the quality? Solid stitching, good zippers, etc...

Are they made in America or elsewhere? I thought I saw someone mention India, but looking at their site it seems to imply in-house manufacturing. (Material is most likely overseas, I was hoping for American fabrication.)
    I went to their store in Georgia and bought my suit. It made a good day trip. I am pleased with the quality. I wish it had zippers in the legs so it would go over boots. It is made in India. I prefer the round veil to the fencing veil (I tried both).

http://gregsbees.blogspot.com/2012/0...n-trading.html

http://gregsbees.blogspot.com/2012/0...oversight.html
    Greg Whitehead, Ten Mile, TN
    Blog - http://gregsbees.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by TokerM View Post
    For those of you that got your orders from PM, a few questions:
    I got full breathable suit with round veil, size L (183 cm, 78 kg)

How would you asses the quality? ==> quality is good. I did not find any serious flaws in assembly and stitching. I wish it has better design - it does not have zippers at legs and veil-to-suit zipper needs some understanding. All zippers are bronze (yellow whichever it is) and works great, no problem at all. I definitely like round veil better (tried both) - a lot of air, do not restrain in movements. I wish material for "hat" (upper part) would be thicker.

Are they made in America or elsewhere? ===> assembled in India, thus cheaper than other brands.

I'm going under the impression that supply problems are mostly due to the tsunami of new keepers in the hobby ==> yes, I agree. I personally had very good experience with them, but they are overwhelmed and probably just small business - they are not designed for large quantities. Sergey

Thought that I would post a follow-up. I contact PM after two weeks to see if the suits came in yet. I did this via email and got a pretty quick response, they might come in 2 weeks, maybe longer. I checked and they did have the jacket in my size and decided to go that route. The did respond to my emails on a very timely basis but not with the news I wanted. By the way, no discount on the jacket, but did promise to refund the price difference.

Ordered a vented suit back in June and several other items. At the time, I was not told that items were backordered. Also had given an alternate shipping destination for a gift extractor for dad. The shipping took about 5-7 days to be packaged and shipped. Then the items showed up at my home not dad's. Got the suit and most of the stuff about a week later than planned, and just a couple of weeks ago got the last of the order shipped.

All said, the suit is great (less the zippered legs). and yes, I will be doing business again. Just don't be in a hurry.

Usual story with backordering, but nice people... they replaced mine suit, no shipping charges both ways!
    By the way,I actually got stung through super-duper bullet-proof PM vented suit! In pit-arm. I guess, girl get lost in the fabric folding and when I stretch the arm and fabric stretched - girl was pushed toward my flesh and she did not wait a second! Sergey

Just tested out my Pigeon Mountain suit and here is the down low:
    Circumvented any backordering problems by just calling them and had the saleswoman go to the shelf and put my suit in a box. She then took my cc over the phone. On my doorstep in 3 days. Looked good and put it on. Zippers are cheap, but seem to work ok. The veil top is a thin fabric. You will get stung through it, so wear a hat. You probably should anyway to keep the screen off your nose. Worked well on a 4 hour cut-out. Elastic around wrists a little loose, but not a deal breaker. No elastic at all on the legs, but the velcro strap seemed to work well enough. Pockets way better than the Ultrabreeze - larger and better made. Was pretty satisfied until I went to take it off. Peeled to my boots and then no go. No zippers on the sides of the legs. Had to take my boots off. Then had to do the whole thing again an hour later. Not happy about that. It is around half the cost, but is a pain if you have to get in and out. Otherwise, ok. 6'2" 180 and extra large fits well.

o.
    Quote Originally Posted by mythomane View Post
    ... Circumvented any backordering problems by just calling them ... Looked good and put it on. Zippers ... seem to work ok. The veil top is a thin fabric. You will get stung through it, so wear a hat. ... Elastic around wrists a little loose, but not a deal breaker. No elastic at all on the legs, but the velcro strap seemed to work well enough. ... Was pretty satisfied until I went to take it off. Peeled to my boots and then no go. No zippers on the sides of the legs. Had to take my boots off. Then had to do the whole thing again an hour later. Not happy about that. It is around half the cost, but is a pain if you have to get in and out. Otherwise, ok. 6'2" 180 and extra large fits well.
    Have exactly the same experience. The biggest issue is the absents of the zippers on the side ot the legs. On the positive side, I have to add that it survived a few warm water washes without veil AND drier on delicate. Also, if somebody did not notice - one could unzip a main zipper from the bottom - no need to unzip everything if one need to pee - I guess, this may be attaractive for boys only.
    Серёжа, Sergey

Update: You definitely will get stung through the top. 15 stings on the forehead to prove it. Wear a cap!

Quote Originally Posted by mythomane View Post
    Update: You definitely will get stung through the top. 15 stings on the forehead to prove it. Wear a cap!
    Yes, have the same issue, but only one sting. Also, apparently, it is not bee-proof if forgot to zip the veil!
    Серёжа, Sergey

Are we talking round or fencing type veils? I got the fencing type and didn't like it because it couldn't see as well and I don't think it was ventilated as well. I am much happier with the round veil.

Slow Moden, did you purchase the round veil for the ventilated suit from Pigeon or someone else. i have the fencing veil and every time i bend down, I wind up getting stung on the nose, lips, face, neck.....etc..

I want to get the round veil.

Quote Originally Posted by matt1954 View Post
    Slow Moden, did you purchase the round veil for the ventilated suit from Pigeon...
    Matt, yes, I did. I ordered first the suit with fencing veil and find it uncomfortable, so I replaced the whole thing and get round veil, which as stated before has an inconvenience that top has made from thin material, which bees could penetrate easily. For round veil you need to ask them for catalog number - it is not on the WEB-site as far as I remember. Also, I do not think that veils are interchangeable. Good luck
    Серёжа, Sergey

Quote Originally Posted by matt1954 View Post
    Slow Moden, did you purchase the round veil for the ventilated suit from Pigeon or someone else. i have the fencing veil and every time i bend down, I wind up getting stung on the nose, lips, face, neck.....etc..

I want to get the round veil.
    I got the suit with the fencing veil (I went to the store in GA and bought it off the shelf). But as I said I didn't like the fencing veil. So I ordered the round veil from PM. It fits great and I like it a lot better.

http://www.pigeonmountaintrading.com...-bee-wear.aspx

PMTC Ventilated Round Hood Veil Replacement
    PM9262R

Weight: 1 lb(s)
    Model: PM9262R

Place you a order with them like I did and then see if you will take up for them after

I purchased a ventilated suit ( round veil) last year from PM.
    I wear it without a shirt under it and just in shorts. It is much cooler IF there is a breeze/ In still conditions there is not a huge difference.
    I have been stung in the head and now rub some herbal salve on the material which so far has kept bees away.
    The zipper does not look very strong. I use beeswax to help it glide.
    Also purchased two Ventilated suits from Mann Lake ( I like the fact that they are an Employee Owned Company). I had feedback from one wearer as yet and he loves it: " much cooler"

I bought the ventilated suit from Mannlake with a fencing veil. Kept getting stung in the face so I ordered the round veil from Pigeon Mountain. It fit perfectly and the sting in the face issue has been resolved. Need to wear a hat with it, however. From the time I ordered the replacement veils for my wife and I, to receipt was one week.

NEW UPDATE! Went to buy a new suit and Pigeon Mountain has raised their price on this suit $50 to $175! Plus Shipping! Checked Mann Lake and its $155, free shipping, and there are zippers on the ankles so that you can actually get it off. Never tried the Mann Lake but it looks like I am going to. Will post again when it arrives.

Quote Originally Posted by RRomanko View Post
    One other thing, before my items (that were in stock) were shipped and before I found out that the suit was not in stock, I called them up to see if I could add some items to my order. They said that it was too late and that I would have to make another order. They said that I could delete things but not add things. Really????
    That probably has more to do with how their record keeping works. You woudl not have been able to add items to an order with me either. there was no way for me to add items myself to the order and get paid for them.
    Stand for what you believe, even if you stand alone.

I have gotten products from India once. It took 8 months. I will never deal with India suppliers again. They do not accept US dollars either. Huge pain. The reason I was given is that the currency exchange can change to much between the time the order is placed and it is filled. given that is 2 thirds of a year. yeah I guess it can.

Oops maybe I should have contacted the Indian government before slamming their businesses?

I say tighten it up and get it together. then I will say nice things about your service. fail to fill orders and I will tell others. The businesses had their say when they took payment for an item that they chose to offer for sale. it is then reasonably expected they will conduct them selves in a manner that provides satisfactory service.They have been paid for it after all. Nobody twisted their arm to offer a product for sale.
    Stand for what you believe, even if you stand alone.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12