Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Pigeon Mountain suits

I was looking at ventilated suits and decided to go with pigeon mountain. Placed my order, which included more than just the suit. Everything looked good, although it did take 3 days for them to fill the order, until I get the confirmation that the order shipped, sans the suit, which was backordered!! No mention of that when I placed my order! So if anyone is looking to place an order from them, beware! Hopefully that will try to do something that will make this right and hopefully I will get the suit soon. When I spoke to them, they said it may be here in two weeks.

rich

Default Re: Pigeon Mountain issue

I had a similar experience with an order for a ventilated suit and a youth suit. I received the ventilated suit, but the youth suit went on backorder. The communication was extremely poor and literally took over two months, many emails and phone calls trying to get a reasonable status (it was always "just a couple of weeks"). I ultimately canceled the order, it took another several weeks to get the refund. I received a nice apologetic email with an explanation of "large turn over in personnel".

How long ago was that? They told me that they only have one person doing shipping and were looking for help. They also told me that they were in the process of changing there ordering computer program. With the economy being so bad, who would think that finding help would be so hard?

June 29th and they advised that that was handling my order quit on May 1st.

before I would slam a company on here, I would seek to find out all about the issue,, for example,, how many here know there was a fire about 6 months ago in one of the primary material plants that supplies fabrics to the beekeeping industry,, this prevented some suppliers from fulfilling orders as fast as they would like,, in addition there has been a MASSIVE infusion of new beekeepers this year exceeding expected suit orders,,

now I agree that suppliers should reflect shortages as soon as known,, I think it is unprofessional to slam on here without TRULY giving them all the options to make a situation right,,

just my 2 cents

No slamming here..... I ordered a bee suit from them in April (around the 14) with them. TWO months later, no suit, no follow up call or e mail, no nothing. I was told when I ordered, the order would ship in 7 - 10 business days.
    I called them and they said it would be another 3 weeks, in which I told them to refund my whole order.
    I ordered from betterbee... got here in 7 days.

Why did I need to tell them that I was going to post on here? I called them and told them that I wasn't told that the suit was out of stock when I place my order and that I should have been. Did they tell me that they did not have the suit in stock when I placed my order? Should other people now that when they place an order with them that items may be out of stock but the website does not reflect it? I am not faulting them for being out of stock, I am faulting them for taking so much time in shipping my order and for them not telling me that certain items were out of stock when I placed my order. Had I know that, I would have placed my order elsewhere!

I did convey my dissatisfaction during our conversation and I was more than "upfront" with them. During our conversation, I advised them that communication is a key fundamental for any successful business venture. It was also advised that customer feed back (positive and negative) is also an important business tool to ensure customer satisfaction.
    I also mentioned that I own a successful business for over 17 years with hundreds of repeat cutomers and referrals.
    They then told me that they have to order the customer's order and they (PM) order once a week. This puts them at least three weeks behind already. Stock would help them greatly.
    They thanked me for my concern and advise.

well we differ in concept,, and I refuse to argue on this site,, I just believe that both sides should have the opportunity to express their position,, ,, end of my input,, you can do as you wish

Sound like I wan't the only one with the same problem from Pigeon Mountain. The suits I orders took two month to get. I was told everytime I called them that they would be in the end of that week for over a month. As of right now I will not buy from them again.

pigeon mtn has the same ability to post on here as anyone else. the OP was a fair account of the facts (assuming it actually happened)

It is a true accounting of the facts and I would love to hear what Pigeon Mountain has to say!

I ordered a suit for myself and one for my daughter. I placed my order on 4-23-2012. My suit did not ship until 6-8-2012. I have been told as of last week (7-26) my daughter's suit is back ordered for another 2-3 weeks. The suit I am waiting on is item PM9282YS.

Although I am not happy that the suit for my daughter has not yet come in, my emails have been answered within 2 days, most the same day.

The suit I got was made in India in case anyone was wondering.

When my order was placed, I was not told or emailed that any of the items were out of stock. I had send an email asking if they had processed my order. I sent an email on May 7, 2012 to get an updated on the status of my order. On May 8, 2012 I got a message saying my items were on back order. They do not indicate this on their product pages when you order online.
    Nick Hubbell
    www.findlaybee.com

Quote Originally Posted by beegeorge View Post
    were you up front with Pigeon Mtn, and tell them you would post on here telling of your disatisfaction? if not, you were not up front with them, in my humble opinion

Imo, that wouldn't be appropriate, or good business practice at all. A company shouldn't need to expect that its customers will be spreading bad news about them, in order to provide good service.
    There are always unexpected kinks in any business deal, but the consumer doesn't have the responsibility to threaten the business, which is what I would consider your suggestion.
    So many weeds.......so little time.

One other thing, before my items (that were in stock) were shipped and before I found out that the suit was not in stock, I called them up to see if I could add some items to my order. They said that it was too late and that I would have to make another order. They said that I could delete things but not add things. Really????

My order has now been completed. I arrived home a several minutes ago to find a package on the porch. Inside was my daughters bee suit. I would say they just got a supply of suits in.
    Nick Hubbell
    www.findlaybee.com

I ordered a full size ventilated suit from them for my daughter. It was shipped I think within a week (this was probably in April). The size ended up being way too small so I returned it for one 2 sizes up which shipped a few days after they got my suit back. Well, turned out I shouldn't have gone 2 sizes up so I ended up returning it one last time and they happily resized it for the size in the middle (again within a few days of ordering). I also then ordered a jacket for myself which came right out too.

I know when i spoke to them in all this the lady mentioned how they didn't have a ton of sizes in at that time. I can't complain about my service from them. Just my 2 cents.

My vented suit shipment was quick, but than I realized that it is too big. We called them and they agree to exchange my beesuit and shipment in both directions was on them! It turned out that my new suit was on backorder and I got it 2 months later. But, communication was good. I think, they are not really prepared for popularity of these vented suits and do not shock enough. Also, it is difficult to determine the right size without trying. I would imagine they have a lot of exchanges, which probably messed up their business. Sergey

I hope that mine will ship soon. Did anyone get an email that there suit was in and shipping? Or did it just show up at the door.

For those of you that got your orders from PM, a few questions:

How would you asses the quality? Solid stitching, good zippers, etc...

Are they made in America or elsewhere? I thought I saw someone mention India, but looking at their site it seems to imply in-house manufacturing. (Material is most likely overseas, I was hoping for American fabrication.)

They have almost unbelievable prices for clothing, and I am worried about quality loss for price savings. I would like to have extra jackets for visitors and helpers, but I'm not excited about spending close to $200 for things that will simply sit in my truck.

I'm going under the impression that supply problems are mostly due to the tsunami of new keepers in the hobby, so things will even out in the industry within about the next 6 months (giving supply chain bottlenecks.) As people are getting orders, all-be-it late, PM doesn't seem like it's going the honey stick machine route, they just got overwhelmed.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast