Default Need advice on SHB slined honey

Had a hive with 2 deeps, the top deep was full of honey. Every thing seemed to be fine checked them a week later and the hive had honey running out on the ground. When I opened up the boxes, there was SHB larve every where and the bees had left the hive. I put all 20 frames in the freezer, they have been in there for 4 days now. I killed all the larve and SHB I found in the boxes and covers.
    My question is once I thaw these frames out can I put then close to my bee yard and let the bees rob the honey out or would doing this contaminate the honey in my other hives?
    Thank you for any help,
    doyle

Default Re: Need advice on SHB slined honey

At least a portion of the honey is fermented and is not fit for human consumption. I wouldn't make it available to the bees if I thought they might store it in supers that I was planning to extract. That said, the bees would probably clean it up if it is made available to them. If you open feed them the beetles might reinfect them rather quickly so you might give them one or two frames at a time and see what happens.

Tim Thank you, I think I will just leave them frozen until after I harvest my honey crop and then do as you said just give them a frame or 2 per day to clean up.
    Thanks again

Are you not in a drought? If you are, remove your supers and put them about 50' infront of your hives and come back 2 hours later. You will be able to sit next to your boxes and have 10,000 bees flying around you. But they will not pay any attention to you. They are harvesting honey for them!

Enjoy the experience,
    Phil
    Grandchildren are the best.... Bees a close second....

Phil,
    Yes we are in a drought, but my hives are close to beans, sweet potatoes, and cotton that is watered and has just started to blooming. Was afraid that i might loose some of the honey crop if I remove the suppers right now.
    Thank you for the reply,
    Doyle