Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

AI

2K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  Moon 
#1 ·
Where's a good place to purchase artificial insemination equipment and do any of you guys/gals have a preference? What are you looking at for total setup cost?

#6 ·
Where does the microscope mount, does the product for sale on your website come with a microscope or is that purchased separately? How does the CO2 system work? I see where the queen is held in the tube, is that where she's dosed with CO2? Do you have any other videos aside from the one that shows the insemination process? Personally I'd like to see a video describing the equipment and a step by step process on using it, nothing fancy just a couple minute run down of how the whole unit works. Looks interesting I just don't see enough information about it to make an informed decision to purchase.

*edit*

Quick edit and side note, the Latshaw instrument looks like the one I'll be using, especially after watching Sue Cobey's video and seeing her brief run down of all the equipment. It seems like it would be the easiest and most agile to work with, I'd just like to see some more instructional videos if at all possible.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.