Default My first swarm...

Yesterday 7-23-12 I had some trees cut and there was a swarm in on of them. So I jumped into action and gathered an much comb as I could and hung it inside my top bar. This morning there were bees all over the log and I did see some going into the hive. The top is off but most of the bars are in place leaving them plenty of room to get inside. I will check it at lunch and see how they are doing. Should I start feeding them asap?? Any advice would be greatly apprieciated...

Default Re: My first swarm...

That's not a swarm that's a hive and if you have not found the queen yet you want to try and track her down. In a case like this she may leave but should only be a short distance from the tree. Look for any clumps of bees on the ground somewhere. Once you get them in the hive they should clean up the mess pretty quick.

Hey CR!
    Hope that's not your current house (with the tree growing in it) in the background!
    http://OxaVap.com
    Your source for the Varrox Vaporizer, "One of the highest ranked" by R. Oliver

Some of the bees were going in the new hive this afternoon but the majority of them are in the log. I will get more pics this evening...

And, nope... It's not my current living quarters