Default Queen in honey super

Upon a general inspection yesterday my queen was ambling around with my workers in my 3rd super (fourth interior frame) which is only comb with capped and uncapped honey and no brood at all. Does the queen normally visit throughout the hive?

Default Re: Queen in honey super

Well it is her House, so I can't imagine her not wondering around. Heck I even go into the Attic once in a decade.

Without a queen excluder, (which is the way I prefer it) she has free range top to bottom.

If there is no queen excluder, then it would be "normal". But if there is a queen excluder, there could be one or more of a few problems:
    1. You have a faulty queen excluder with some bent wire(s). I have found that a lot of wood bound excluders seem to have this problem.
    2. The queen has made her way out of the brood nest and into the supers during an inspection. This happens somtimes with any type (plastic, metal bound, wood bound) of excluders.

mommas always lookin for a place to lay an egg,or maybe shes just up there checkin on her kids,and if she wants she will lay in the btms of frames full of honey if she finds an empty cell

I don't ever use excluders, and it would be weird to find queen up in the supers this time of year, assuming that there is a brood area down below and honey stores up top. However, if you smoke the hive, some queens start walking and can end up most anyplace. Queens generally don't walk around the hive an into honey supers without prompting. I have seen some lay in weird vertical patterns, but that's also rare.