Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: No brood...queen in question. Please look at pics to help me....

Thank you so much for the encouragement Kim!!!!

Queen is in, and everything in place. Do you think I can add another medium to the top of the hive in about one week or should I leave the hive totally alone for 2 weeks since they have lots of room for building brood? I want to make sure they have lots of room. You're thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by TheRatLover View Post
    Thank you so much for the encouragement Kim!!!!

Queen is in, and everything in place. Do you think I can add another medium to the top of the hive in about one week or should I leave the hive totally alone for 2 weeks since they have lots of room for building brood? I want to make sure they have lots of room. You're thoughts?
    Adding to this email.....

Hey....I had to take a frame out of the hive in order to fit the queen box in...this frame has one side almost full of honey, and the other is empty. How do I store this frame till the two weeks are up? Wrap in something and put in refrigerator?

Thanks....

Lori

Hi Lori,

You have them in a Nuc? like a 5 frame deep? With honey in another super on top? Sorry, I'm confused what the new queen is in now and if you moved them. Someone more experienced should advise you on what to do with the frame......either freeze or use it?

As far as adding a super may I suggest you now review the bee queen laying math and figure out what you should be seeing in X amount of days and target just that? "I" would tend to leave them alone until you have capped brood and things are going well; but again would like to know what your hive now consists of...I just couldn't tell from scanning the previous posts...... thanks! K

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12