Default I guess a queen wont cross pollen/honey after all?

I moved my one queen right hive (fresh tiny swarm from my hive) from a nuc into a single 10 frame deep. It had about 3 full frames of bees. I also combined another small less populated hive with them as well. I checked a day after to see how everything went and if the queen was still alive and she was, but she had laid 5-6 or more eggs per cell in a small little area about the size of an open hand. I thought no problem, probably a freshly mated virgin queen or something and the house bees will clean up the cells. I checked back again a few days later and again, queen on the same frame and multiple eggs per cell, including a couple freshly hatched larvae per cell in some cells!! Now this got me curious and I figured I would see what happens next. Well, I checked again yesterday really quick and again, multiple eggs but only one larva per cell. As I am holding the same frame that the queen has been on for a week I realise that instead of putting the pollen/honey side towards the outside of the box I put her against the box and the pollen to the inside!! Now im no expert, but I thought she might climb over the top bars or something to get to the other frames of drawn comb with bees, but I imagine that the honey/pollen blocked her!!

I turned the frame and will see what happens next!
    Coyote Creek Bees

Default Re: I guess a queen wont cross pollen/honey after all?

Young queens don't seem to have any problem going anywhere in my hives. I can find them on any type of comb or wood in their mating nucs. Older queens seem to like to stay on open comb.

In a hive with no significant amount of drone comb in the broodnest, I have seen a queen cross four supers of capped comb to get to drone cells to lay.
    Michael Bush bushfarms.com/bees.htm "Everything works if you let it." ThePracticalBeekeeper.com 40y 200h 37yTF

Wow, four supers of capped comb!! Thats incredible!!

I checked today after flipping the frame the queen was on and everything is back to normal, she is an egg laying machine!! She is laying on frame number four as of today. The workers cleaned up the excess eggs and larva on the first frame the queen was "stuck" on and things look good!!
    Coyote Creek Bees