Default Does HopGuard repel SHB?

A week ago, I started treating my hives with the first (of three) doses of HopGuard. Prior to the treatment, there were plenty of SHB in the hives: 90s, humid weather in Atlanta, you get the picture. A week later, today, I gave them the second dose. The bees were gentle and organized. But I also noticed that the hives were completely free of SHB: none in the outer or inner cover, and none between the deeps. I did not do a thorough inspection but I would have seen the SHB if they were there. Does HopGuard repel SHB from the hives? Do you know? I am very satisfied with the results so far: organic, easy to apply, works with temperatures in 90s, no obstruction in the hives as far as I can see.
    Stavros

Default Re: Does HopGuard repel SHB?

I was wanting some replies to this..........
    Julysun elevation 23 feet. 4 Hives, 2 years.

Quote Originally Posted by julysun View Post
    I was wanting some replies to this..........
    I have no idea.
    Dan www.boogerhillbee.com
    Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwards

I did not notice any reduction to the shb population during or after my rounds of hop guard treatment.

The only reduction in SHB i noticed was when I combined CheckMite and Thymol in the hive at the same time. Something about that combination really kicked the crap out of what was ailing 60 of my hives. At the same time, I put a second deep on all the hives and 10 empty frames. Within three weeks, the frames were combed out and heavy with eggs. Mites and SHB had been reduced drastically. When I treat with just one or the other, I do not receive the same results.