Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Default Aficanized bees are fake

There are no killer bees.

Default Re: Aficanized bees are fake

And you base your statement on? The title of this thread is "Africanized bees are fake" and then you talk about behavior ascribed to the fake bees. Most studies that I am aware of decry the phrase "killer bees" in favor of language that talks about defensive behavior, mostly surrounding the nest. That may be what you were trying to say, but it is not what you said.

I'm as certain as I can be that bees of African origin are present in some southern portions of the United States, having migrated from Brazil.

I don't want to put words in your mouth: what is it that you intended to say?

African bees are not from AFRICA. This is a Apis Mellifera honeybee. Tropical bees like Apis Dorsata and Cerana are a different race and are tropical honeybees. The African urban bee legand is still Apis Mellifera. It is not a hybrid. They do have different behavior because they adapted to the tropics. Because they are tropical they do not gather propolis. Propolis gathering is a strategy developed because of the long winter periods without nectar plants so they could not make wax to repair the hive. The Killer bee IS FAKE! I know this because educated scientists told ME in 1972 that by 1976 they would change the United States forever! It is past 1976 and even past the MAYAN calendar doomsday. The bees are still the same EVEN in BRAZIL.

I am so happy to know somebody else knows about the Africanized killer bee lies! It seems pretty common sense to me that Apis Melliferra x Apis Melliferra = Apis Melliferra. How can people actually believe all the over sensationalized molarchy?

Well I believe the reason they earned that name is because of how much more aggressive they are compared to the standard honey bee we've come to know and love. The bees that we have spreading are supposedly from an original 26 hives brought back from Africa by a scientist in Brazil attempting to breed the ultimate honey bee that would produce massive amounts of honey but also be very diseases proof. One of his bee keeper helpers accidentally let them out and they've gradually made their way up from Brazil to the US. They can't kill with one sting or anything but they generally chase their target for much further distances and are generally a lot more easy to aggravate. I've read though that they can't spread much further north in the US due to their inability to weather the cold. They tend to use up all their honey because they don't slow down reproduction during the winter months and will eventually starve themselves(or rob another hive).
    Last edited by Jerky_san; 05-23-2015 at 08:54 PM.

They didn't EARN that name. Don't you know about the propaganda the Brazilian government put out? Read this: http://www.badbeekeeping.com/kerr.htm.

Quote Originally Posted by Runswithbees View Post
    I am so happy to know somebody else knows about the Africanized killer bee lies! It seems pretty common sense to me that Apis Melliferra x Apis Melliferra = Apis Melliferra. How can people actually believe all the over sensationalized molarchy?
    Most news is over sensationalized to keep everyone tuning in next time.

Over sensationalizing is the name of game! No one would watch monster movies it they didn't.

The more I learn about bees, the less I know.

Quote Originally Posted by Runswithbees View Post

yes but Apis mellifera scutelata x Apis mellifera ligustica produce some very crazy aggressive bees. Then again, anytime you cross and race of bee, you can get a hybrid vigor that sometimes shows as defensiveness

Come to Arizona Ill show you some in my yard. Or if you prefer Ill see if I can ship you some. If bees attack you and follow you in a back of a truck at 50 miles an hour for one mile and still attack you when the driver stops. What would you call that ?

Quote Originally Posted by Dan P View Post
    Come to Arizona Ill show you some in my yard. Or if you prefer Ill see if I can ship you some. If bees attack you and follow you in a back of a truck at 50 miles an hour for one mile and still attack you when the driver stops. What would you call that ?
    Fake bees?

Quote Originally Posted by Harley Craig View Post
    yes but Apis mellifera scutelata x Apis mellifera ligustica produce some very crazy aggressive bees. Then again, anytime you cross and race of bee, you can get a hybrid vigor that sometimes shows as defensiveness
    Let's see where this one goes. LOL

Your hive must be queenless and your speedometer and odometer is BROKEN!

Quote Originally Posted by Moccasin View Post
    They didn't EARN that name. Don't you know about the propaganda the Brazilian government put out? Read this: http://www.badbeekeeping.com/kerr.htm.
    interesting that they claim german black bees were more aggressive than the Africanized honey bee

This is getting better by the minute.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan P View Post
    50 mph? Give me a break? What have you been putting in your smoker?

That was going to be a cutout. It turned into a extermination job instead. Have you seen a swarm consume hive after hive? complete engulf kill eat and goto the next and then next and stay at the last in a row? Its a very sad sight to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by Moccasin View Post
    Your hive must be queenless and your speedometer and odometer is BROKEN!

huh?

Quote Originally Posted by Harley Craig View Post
    interesting that they claim german black bees were more aggressive than the Africanized honey bee
    It's because the Africanized honey bee is FAKE remember.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast