Default apiguard and honey supers / what to do with the particle filled supers?

i am going to treat with apiguard. i am getting it in the bucket with the thin metal sleeves that is used for placement on the apiguard. i have honey supers on. i was thinking to collect all the frames of partially uncapped honey and put them in a super and place them on a strong hive. i will treat all my hives except the one's with the honey supers. after those hives are done treatments i will remove the honey supers and place them on the treated hives. and treat the one's that had the supers on.. what do u think? good plain?

Default Re: apiguard and honey supers / what to do with the particle filled supers?

Did you read the directions for Apiguard? Here's a link courtesy of Vermont:

http://www.vermontagriculture.com/AR...s/Apiguard.pdf

They are quite clear about "do not use during honey flow."
    Graham
    USDA Zone 7A Elevation 1400 ft

Default Re: apiguard and honey supers / what to do with the particle filled supers?

Adamant,

Your plan should work as long as you remove all honey (capped and uncapped) to be extracted for human use. As your plan suggests, you can place these supers on your strong hive until the treatment of the other hives has been completed. Wait a couple of days after the treatment has been completed and the thymol has been removed from the treated hives before moving the supers back onto these hives. Then you can treat the strong hive. You just don't want to expose honey destined for human consumption to the thymol.

Rick

Should work fine as Rdavis describes as long as you get the bees off the honey supers before you put them back on their hives. No sense treating and then dumping bees with mites all over them back on the hive.
    Raising Vermont Bees one mistake at a time.
    USDA Zone 5A

I would agree with Rdavis and Keth.

got to ask Why are you in such a hurry to do a mite treatment? Is your season over already?