Default Newbie, what to do.

I had a rancher friend of mine that one of his bee keepers accidentally left two supers in his barn. Problem is that they are FULL of honey and moth larvae. Should I freeze it for a week or just get rid of it. The reason I got it is he is letting me out bees on a different tract of land that he manages. What say you.

Default Re: Newbie, what to do.

I'd freeze the frames to kill the moth larvae, then allow your bees to rob the honey from the defrosted frames.
    -- Victor Hugo -- "Common sense is in spite of, not the result of, education.

Thanks for the info. The bee keeper lost his help and the ranch manager called me and asked if I wanted to learn. I helped him for a couple of day prepare a move 420 hives. So I picked his brain the whole time. I put the nuc in a new deep box and started feeding them to help jump start them. I will pull feed when I put these two supers. I currently have it in my truck with a camper. I bagged them in thick trash bags. I will put them in the freezer tomorrow.

Well I put the supers on and the bees are loving it. We will see how it goes.