Default robed hive, wax moth infestation, cant freeze frames - what to do with frames?

hive was robed ,what few bees left i shook off and took the hive out of service. i found wax moths in it and i cant freeze 30 frames. what else can i do to rid of the moths?

Default Re: robed hive, wax moth infestation, cant freeze frames - what to do with frames?

paradichlorobenzene moth crystals (PDB) or paramoth
    stack the supers up, seal any leaks and put the crystals on paper on top, seal the top, let air in the sun for a day when you are ready to use
    americasbeekeeper.com
    beekeeper@americasbeekeeper.com

Default Re: robed hive, wax moth infestation, cant freeze frames - what to do with frames?

Quote Originally Posted by AmericasBeekeeper View Post
    paradichlorobenzene moth crystals (PDB) or paramoth
    stack the supers up, seal any leaks and put the crystals on paper on top, seal the top, let air in the sun for a day when you are ready to use
    Freeze as many as you can, in cycles, then do the paramoth plan. Sunshine if there is no honey in them will also do the trick.

I believe I had luck spraying every frame thoroughly with BT The cloud of wax moths I had in my garage are gone. BT is bacillus thuringens (sp) that comes as a concentrate or powder. The worms have to ingest the bacillus and it is their last meal apparently, so I really soaked down the spots with lots of activity. I live in the land of the six months freezer so I never had a problem like I had this spring when I bought some used equipment that was apparently stored in a warm building over winter.

In the spring, summer and fall I spray with BT and leave as much comb exposed to light as I can. When I over winter, I spray with BT in the fall and the cold weather takes care of the rest. This past winter it was pretty warm and comb that I hadn't sprayed ended up being infested. It's the first winter that I've ever had NOT get cold enough to hold back the moths.
    "My wife always wanted girls. Just not thousands and thousands of them......"