Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: Less interest on bee source?

max2, for scientific, have you found scientificbeekeeping.com? i've been through most of it several times. excellent resource.
    beekeeping since june 2010, +/- 20 hives, tf

Quote Originally Posted by squarepeg View Post
    max2, for scientific, have you found scientificbeekeeping.com? i've been through most of it several times. excellent resource.
    I will check it out - thanks!

This site is very important to me as a beginner. I seem to have a new problem show up every week and there are no beekeepers near my hives to take a look. I rely on the advice here, to get me headed in the right direction. Thank you to everyone that helps solve my beekeeping issues!

Max, On the scientific issue. I have seen links to a few studies on diseases posted here. I would have to go looking for them again though. Other than that I don't have much of a feel for how much research is even going on. I would think that there should be a fair amount of professional writings on honey bees I just don't see them discussed much here. In fact I also grow Tobacco as a hobby and belong to two internet groups on that topic. I see research type papers listed all the time. In fact several universities publish a paper every year that contains just about everything you could want to know about growing it. it breaks down yields from last year. cost of tilling, pest control and fertilizing. makes recommendation on what to grow etc. just a ton of information. It would be great to have something like that for beekeeping.
    Stand for what you believe, even if you stand alone.

Quote Originally Posted by max2 View Post
    I will check it out - thanks!
    max2, I second www.scientificbeekeeping.com . Randy Oliver has some excellent papers and studies online there.

Ed

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123