Default Queen going for a stroll?

Today I brought back to the homestead a hive of bees, set them up on their stand and during all the flying a few got noisy around the weak hive, I did see a few fights, then closed the entrance to about 1/2 inch, didn't amount to anything. But afterwards I saw the queen outside on the landing board, really, I say to myself that has to be queeny , I sure don't have a worker that big and pretty. Then after I fixed up a few watering hole for the bees, I walked down to see if all have calmed down, and low and behold there she was again on the landing board, I did see her go inside. So is this normal behavior for the queen? Would it have anything to do with placing a frame of capped brood inside? Or is she planning to make a break for it?

Default Re: Queen going for a stroll?

where did you pick up a new hive at this time of year in our area?

Near Sherando, a caught swarm earlier in the year. Lucky to find it for sure. 2 medium brood chamber 2 med. supers full of honey. loaded with bees.

It was a Drone.

hehehhhe no, no drone has a pretty pointed butt like this lady

Well I have solved the queen strolling mystery, heheheh what I saw was a huge (to me since i have been on small cell foundation) worker. Larger than I am used to seeing, and very dark like queeny. That is just to big for a bee, everyone you got to get your bees scaled down.