Default Cells between frames?

Between the top box and bottom box along the frame edges,the bees are building comb. Should
    I remove this? It is where in the top box bottom of the frame is close to the bottom box top of the frame. Do you let them build the comb?
    Thanks.

Default Re: Cells between frames?

i try and leave that if possible as i think it helps the queen move up and down the boxes. I will take it out though if is screwing with
    hive inspections

Some say leave it alone, it's a ladder for bees go quickly up an down, I remove it for easier inspection and not squashing bees when putting back.
    Grow shrubs & trees,...it's good for bees!

often it is drone comb so it can be used to check for mites when it tears open.
    Old Guy in Alabama

JRB,
    That was really the answer I was looking for. I do remove the comb when it seems like I'm going to smash bees but I have thought when they tear open that I can see the pupae I could check for that. And you are correct, from what I see it is generally drone comb.
    Thanks Konrad and Doc for the replies. Sometimes even though I'm pretty sure I know the answer, it is good to have a sounding board to make sure.