Default fume boards and bee b gone

Do you guys use fume boards and bee b gone when harvesting or manual method?

Default Re: fume boards and bee b gone

This is my 3rd yr beekeeping, I've tried brushing angry bees 1st yr, leaf blowing angry bees with a larger beekeeper 2nd yr. This year I tried the fume board w/no angry bees.

My results, were definitely positive for using the fume board and a Mann Lake product ( I think it was honey robber) 5 minutes with the fume board and only a handfull of bees in the top super

I staple the back of an old flannel shirt accross one of my feeder rims and drip the bee go or whatever on the cloth.It works well if there is no brood in super. The bees just about won't leave brood. If there is a flow on, you can sometimes just set a broodless super on its end a couple feet from the hive and the bees will abandon it come evening too. Taking the honey does agitate the bees most of the time. You just do it as fast and gently as possible and get out of there. A caged queen hanging from a sting in the honey house allows you to collect a lot of hitchhikers that otherwise die against the windows.

I have always used the brush method, with or without shaking first. I have considered using a leaf blower.
    Solomon Parker, Parker Farms, ParkerFarms.biz
    11 Years Treatment-Free, ~25 Colony Baseline