Default opened up the hive today and noticed the wax looked like something is eating it. see

something seems like its eating the wax,

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Default Re: opened up the hive today and noticed the wax looked like something is eating it.

where are all the bees apears to be robbing

Default Re: opened up the hive today and noticed the wax looked like something is eating it.

It does look like robbing. Is this a nuc or weak hive?
    Like us on facebook This is the place to bee!
    Ralph

Looks like robbing to me.

Are there any stores left in that hive? Did you check other hives to see if they are also being robbed? You also may want to be sure that you still have a queen in this hive.
    Like us on facebook This is the place to bee!
    Ralph

Ragged edged comb, empty of honey and nector... robbing. Soon to be followed by tunneling wax worms (wax moth larve) if you don't reuse the comb on a strong hive and or take other precautionary measures

Chances are you have few bees left and no queen. If you do have a queen restrict it to a smaller nuc and put some feed on them.

At this point, I think that I would remove all of the remaining wax and destroy it. (You don't need candles that badly.) Then thoroughly scrub down the entire remaining wood parts and let them dry for several days in direct sun. This on the assumption that wax moths or other pests probably are already there ... feasting on the unprotected free goodies and building a stronghold from which to attack other hives. Wax moths are a very damaging pest, and they make a particularly gooey and difficult-to-clean mess. They're mostly opportunists, as far as I know, but you have given them plenty of opportunity.

If you cant afford to loose all that comb due to destroying it, and if it does have wax moth on it, all you have to due is pop it in the freezer for 48 hrs, and then put it in a strong hive. They will fix it up and go to work on it. Steve
    https://www.facebook.com/stevesbees99
    Please visit my page, Thanks

... whereas I would respectfully offer the counter-opinion that: (1) bees can build comb on their own very fast indeed; and (2) I've got no idea what might be in that stuff. All I know is that it's from a diseased hive; from a place that an entire colony either died-in or abandoned or both. It could have viruses in it, which freezing of course won't kill. These are the factors which lead me to "thoroughly destroy it." I don't want bees to encounter it again, and I minimize the time I encounter it myself. It doesn't even get to be candles.

And, mind you, that's just my dissenting counter-opinion and not one whit more: "to thine own hive be true."