Default Break in brood cycle?

I am wondering about breaks in the brood cycle. When I did an inspection on Monday there was very little capped brood in all three of my hives. All hives had some capped brood (drone and worker) and some uncapped larvae, but nothing like they did a few weeks ago on my previous inspection when there was multiple frames of capped brood and open larvae in each hive. I also did not see nearly as much pollen stored, although honey production is going great guns. I did look for queen cells to make sure they hadn't swarmed and didn't find anything more than a couple of unused queen cups.

Do the bees normally take a break in rearing brood?

Thank you

Default Re: Break in brood cycle?

Bump for help/thoughts

How is your weather? Getting dry? Check out this thread: http://www.beesource.com/forums/show...eens-shut-down

CC

Thanks CC, that sounds like what I am seeing as well. It has been dry, but the bees have been putting up loads of nectar. We might get some thunder storms this weekend/early next week in the area... hopefully

Bees here have stopped bringing in lots of nectar within the last week or two here in southern Vermont. Sumac is done, basswood is done, milkweed almost over, not touching the Dutch at all that I can see. I will probably harvest any supers above my winter configuration in a couple of weeks. I expect the queen to slow down quite a bit till the fall flow hits. For now they are on their own for a few weeks.