Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Steel Liquefying Tank do you have one of these? would like input

I picked one of these up in a garage sale
    Looked and found it in a Kelly catalog
    any input would Help

https://kelleybees.com/Products/Deta...33333433363337

Thanks

Default Re: Steel Liquefying Tank do you have one of these? would like input

It's neat did it come with the heater?

If not you maybe able use a hot water tank element and a thermostat or even a aquarium heater.

I have one. Kelly's sells the heating element and control. I use mine quite a bit. It holds three 5 gallon buckets of honey in a water bath, heated to liquify crystalized honey.
    Mark Berninghausen #youmatter

NO heater came with it
    Thanks for the kelly info

It holds three 5 gallon buckets of honey in a water bath
    The one I have has slanted sides that go into a trough and the trough has a exit
    on ther side

It did come with a nipple a 90% turn and a small tank that screws to the for-mentioned

How would you put 5gal pails?
    I thought it may have held capping's and warm water in the tank
    I'll take pictures of mine for you all

You thru me off w/ a photo unlike the tank you describe now. Sounds like a cappings tank, maybe. I don't understand what you mean by "90% turn".

Cappings drainer tank.
    Could maybe melt them down to wax.

I dont understand how that works ?
    Can you explain?

Maybe some photos of the whole thing assembled would be of worth.

I never saw a round uncapping tank that one looks like a wax melting tank to me the bottom half being the hot water section, you will need the heating element (the element screws into the "BUNG") and control which has a temp sensor, the temp sensor will hang in the small tank and the small tube is a vent for the hot water section, mine had a hose that hangs in the small tank.
    Is this clear as MUDD?
    Ed, KA9CTT profanity is IGNORANCE made audible
    you can`t fix stupid not even with duct tape

thats a kelly wax melter. I have 2 of them. the small tank is the water fill tank. Its missing the the stand, heating element, the screen, the bucket and the bucket stand. Also the 1/2 galv pipe that connects the small fill tank to the large is not original. It looks about 4"s to long. When threaded together the small tank should be almost touching the large

The tanks I also got a extractor,hot knife,and comb pick for a whooping 150.00
    I'm happy with the deal
    Thanks for the response

They look unused.

They look plenty used to me od.

Tommy, I'll give you $300.00 for all of that equipment. I'll even pick it up. That's a 100% profit for you. You'll never get another deal like that.

I was going to say that the melter has never been used. Once used they loose the shine inside forever. You will need a short stand for the wax bucket so honey can run out of the pipe into another container. As I said earlier the pipe on the fill tank is way to long. It should be up against the melter. There should also be a small air bleed tube that helps in filling. 150 is a really great deal. About 6 or 7 years ago I bought 2 of these complete, 2 hot knives, a 25gal water jacketed clarifier w/ heater. a stainless decapping tank and a maxant 30 frame extractor for 550.00

Quote Originally Posted by sqkcrk View Post
    They look plenty used to me od.

Tommy, I'll give you $300.00 for all of that equipment. I'll even pick it up. That's a 100% profit for you. You'll never get another deal like that.
    Tommy lives close to me, can you swing by and help with my hives?
    I need a professional to show me the ropes and straighten out this mess!

Yeah, that will help cover my travel costs.

Quote Originally Posted by sqkcrk View Post
    You thru me off w/ a photo unlike the tank you describe now.
    Your correct the first Photo was from Kelly web site I now see that is shows the bottom looks to be perforated

Now back to mine
    Is it a capping melter?? Directions
    I just put capping's into (onto) let them
    melt/ separate from honey and debris
    then it settles in lower bucket the honey will go into the "V" area of the bucket
    and out of the pipe

Yes??

MBeck PM sent

The honey will come out a lower hole than the melted wax will, being as wax, an oil, right?, will float on top of the liquid honey. I'd have to see this unit up close to be able to tell you exactly how it should work.

It is either a cappings tank for draining honey from cappings or a wax melter. I would say the former, because I didn't see a lid, commonly found on melters.

Put it all together the way it makes sense to you, uncap into it and see how it works.

https://kelleybees.com/Products/Deta...3337&grouped=1
    this is it As I said I have 2 of these. You are right that the honey is heavier than the melted wax and goes under the weer and out the pipe. These burn the honey badly so it will only be good for cooking. It comes out Black