Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

My Van

13K views 31 replies 17 participants last post by  sqkcrk 
#1 · (Edited)
#7 ·
Grumpy guy? What grumpy guy?

The art work? The large panel w/ the Girl and the Rabbit is my 5 lb honey jar label, which was designed for me by a friend who used to do the illustrations for her Mother's childrens books. I had it colored and then blown up by the sign company which did all the decal work for the van.

The panel towards the back was from the original artwork done for hats I had made many years ago.

The bees w/ machineguns are SeaBees magnetic signs which I picked up at Ft. Carson in Colorado Springs,CO when I went to see my Son and family. People had been telling me they liked my van, but they noticed it didn't have any bees on it. So, when I saw those "bees", w/ my warped sense of humor, I thought, "That'll do it.". Aren't they great?

I have another peice I haven't picked up from my friend yet. A bee holding a gas nozzle which will go on the side nearest the gas hole. No I don't get my gas at BP.

#10 ·
I get around 25 MPG, gas. Four cylinder engine. Carrys about 1200lb pay load. Has floor space 4'X6'. It is a little cramped in the driver's seat on long trips like driving to SC, FL or CO. Rear view mirrors have limited visibilty. I almost ran ninto someone for not being able to see well looking out the passenger window at a Stop sign. One has to really think ahead and position the vehicle to see what one needas to see. I wish the mirrors were bigger.

Mostly like it. Seeing more of them all the time. It says Ford on it. But it is made in Turkey and Spain. Has been available in Europe and Middle East for 15 years or so. It is called a Transit Connect, supposedly because that translates internationally better than other possible names.

Low $20,000.00 range new. Comes in Grey, Black, Red, and White. Can have seats or just as a delivery/utility van. Many shelf options. Gull wing rear doors optional, special hinges.

Can I sell you one?

#11 ·
In Britain the "Ford Transit" is the best known cargo-type van, and so I can see why they have attached that name to it. I get truck and van envy. I am still driving my 1999 Saturn Station Wagon with about 190,000 miles on it. It does well enough for carrying my honey production (18 production hives this year) and is my daily commuter. I get up to 40 mpg in it.
I can't justify buying anything bigger based on my current operation and my wife was nice enough not to fuss when I used the minivan to move some bees.
However, I really like that van.

#16 ·
I will keep my 1982 VW Westphalia Vanagon. Diesel(now turbo), hauls 1400 lbs, sleeps 4 , sink stove, refrigerator, rear engine, rear drive, gets 30-32 mpg. Good for early beeyard inspections, before supering starts, and the ground is still soft.

crazy Roland

#18 ·
They are getting more popular. They are quite functional, especially in urban communities. But I am seeing them all over the place when I travel the highways between Northern NY and SC. I wonder when UPS will get one?

#29 ·
My beard isn't what it used to be, but it is still in pretty good shape. I love it when a young child stares at me and tugs on their Mom's pants leg or skirt. I like to say,"Did I get you what you wanted for Christmas?". Keeps them guessing.

#32 ·
The story behind the Seabees Magnetic Stickers is that folks commented that my van looked nice but where were the bees? So when I went to visit my Son at Ft. Carson, while visiting the PX I saw these SeaBees and had to have them. I wish I had grabbed up another set of four for the other side of the van. Then I could have a real swarm.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.